Ups and Downs | Vital Football

Ups and Downs

Luke Imp

Alert Team
Staff member
First new entry into L1 are Derby, who look like they'll be followed by Barnsley and Posh. Reading effectively only need two points because of their better GD.

From L2, FGR are basically up to their superior GD. Anyone down to Swindon in with a chance of the PO's with games in hand still to be played.

Seems basically set in the Championship like you say. Three local-ish trips so not too upset.

Could easy yet have Forest Green, Bristol Rovers and Exeter to balance that out from L2...

Looking like a cracking L1 and resembling a Championship B league
The usual suspects will be bemoaning they are too good for this league
Potentially a decent fixture list with decent away followings
Uti

We should all be pleased to see Derby relegated, full stop. Likewise Peterborough for different reasons, and Barnsley will be a day out we haven't had for longer than I care to remember.

EDIT: and can you imagine the reaction of Sunderland etc fans when they arrive at FGR's Subbuteo Stadium? How the mighty have fallen!

Nice to see, so many things still to play for. Can we really rule out Posh staying up, they're such spawny bastards, it could well happen. Mansfailed not out of it nor sadly, are Salford.
Chance of 3 plastic clubs in L1 next season. But look at the so called "Big clubs" that will be in there, you have to say it will be one hell of a league next season, and given those clubs, I will be happy with a mid-table finish.

Oh and if any of you are on the FB Football League One group, we have the delights of the Derby and FGR fans saying they are going to smash the tinpot league, and be promoted before March.

Me thinks the PGR stewards are going to have some hard work next season. Hope they have improved on the away (tent) bar in the muddy field for next season.

Nice to see, so many things still to play for. Can we really rule out Posh staying up, they're such spawny bastards, it could well happen. Mansfailed not out of it nor sadly, are Salford.
Chance of 3 plastic clubs in L1 next season. But look at the so called "Big clubs" that will be in there, you have to say it will be one hell of a league next season, and given those clubs, I will be happy with a mid-table finish.

Oh and if any of you are on the FB Football League One group, we have the delights of the Derby and FGR fans saying they are going to smash the tinpot league, and be promoted before March.

Oh talking of PGR I've found a vid of Vince colouring in a star on the back of there shirts.

I have a Bournemouth, Rotherham and Mansfield promotion treble, so hopefully the latter can find a way.

Would be a nice, local away day.

But, would also be chuffing hilarious if they stay in League 2!

The last time Derby played at Sincil Bank in the League, their fans climbed over the fence which buckled under their weight.

We should all be pleased to see Derby relegated, full stop. Likewise Peterborough for different reasons, and Barnsley will be a day out we haven't had for longer than I care to remember.

EDIT: and can you imagine the reaction of Sunderland etc fans when they arrive at FGR's Subbuteo Stadium? How the mighty have fallen!
🤣🤣🤣 That’ll be a good read on the Sunlun forum!

It’s bizarre to reflect how bad Doncaster are and yet last season for long periods they were our challengers for promotion

It’s bizarre to reflect how bad Doncaster are and yet last season for long periods they were our challengers for promotion

What is even more bizarre us how bad they were but somehow managed to take 4 points off us.
After years of flying higher than us, Donny were forced to operate on a smaller budget and the result was a crap squad. I guess Moore leaving disrupted things too.

I wonder which one out of these big hitters will 'blow it' like wot we did last season in the playoff final.
Wigan, Rotherham, MK Dons, Plymouth, Wycombe, Sunderland, Sheff Weds, or Oxford.

Whatever happens there will be 5 clubs that will fail.
Unfortunately (or fortunately) Pompey, Bolton and Ipswich have already blown it.

I suppose we should take PGR if it means we get away days at Oakwell and Pride Park next season. Six years ago we’d just been done 2-0 down at Bromley (and we were lucky to get nil).