Up to us | Vital Football

Up to us

paz1967

Vital Football Legend
Clearly the time for debating team selections and tactics is over. 10 games to go with 6 at home. The chance is obvious.

Sure, we aint all that and weve been particularly poor at home at times and the final pass, cross n shot is often worse than my imaginary , now 7 year old daughter, could produce; but under any normal circumstances 6 games at home with 30,000 fanaticals is a dream scenario.

Its really in the hands of us lot now. The team is what it is and the coach has the players coached. Wherever we listen or watch we have to kick and head every ball like we havent for a decade. Be it Diakhabi, Semedo, Yates or even Muric, we support them, cheer them, encourage them.

This is The City Ground and it's our fkn ball!

'Til I die

To be fair, the atmosphere at the CG has been pretty good this season even during periods where we haven't been playing particularly well or getting good results. I don't think there's any question of the team not getting support at the ground.

Some of the negativity seen on sites like Vital and Twitter is not representative of the mood down the ground this season which is great, because I still can't fathom some of the wrist-slashing when we're having our best season in yonks.

Agreed Paz. The awesome atmosphere generated by the 30000 at the Leeds game (Forza Garibaldi we salute you) certainly inspired the lads and whole club. Yes the support and atmosphere has been much better this season in general but not to those dirty Leeds levels. Like you say ... it's in our hands. Come on you reds

Last edited:
To be fair, the atmosphere at the CG has been pretty good this season even during periods where we haven't been playing particularly well or getting good results. I don't think there's any question of the team not getting support at the ground.

Some of the negativity seen on sites like Vital and Twitter is not representative of the mood down the ground this season which is great, because I still can't fathom some of the wrist-slashing when we're having our best season in yonks.

"I still can't fathom some of the wrist-slashing when we're having our best season in yonks."

Really!

I bet you could if you tried hard enough.