Unwanted emails | Vital Football

Unwanted emails

seanbeanstattoo

Vital Football Hero
Everytime anyone posts something about the new forum / asks a question of BM about it I get that post as an email.
I have no interest in reading other peoples private posts and I certainly don't want my email in box and junk folders rammed with the stuff. BM. Could you arrange for this to cease please? Ta.

A get fed up o gerrin messages from young nubile russian wimmin wantin mi ta pay ta bring em o,er ere ta look after mi. Completely outa the question, a can,t speak Russian. Then agee-an if anyone noze Russian fer "Gerram off luv, thaz on next". please gerrin touch.

Everytime anyone posts something about the new forum / asks a question of BM about it I get that post as an email.
I have no interest in reading other peoples private posts and I certainly don't want my email in box and junk folders rammed with the stuff. BM. Could you arrange for this to cease please? Ta.
There's an option at the bottom of the email to turn it off Sean. 'Stop receiving these emails'. I did last night it was driving me nuts.

Someone has changed the notifications you need to go into your account details and under Preferences untick the box which says you should get an email each time there is a post.

It was never ticked before, and I didn't tick mine..........so who did :shrug:

There's an option at the bottom of the email to turn it off Sean. 'Stop receiving these emails'. I did last night it was driving me nuts.
Can you help me please Grayblade. I keep getting messages from a firm saying I can have a £300 loan. There’s no option of blocking the poster to stop him/her. 👎

Fer f.cks sake don,t reply ta the geezer from Nigeria who promises ta mek thi rich if tha sends thi bank details!

Someone has changed the notifications you need to go into your account details and under Preferences untick the box which says you should get an email each time there is a post.

It was never ticked before, and I didn't tick mine..........so who did :shrug:
Clicking the link at the bottom of the email does just that and is probably simpler for most Aya but I agree, there must be an Amin override for important messages. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Can you help me please Grayblade. I keep getting messages from a firm saying I can have a £300 loan. There’s no option of blocking the poster to stop him/her. 👎
Hi CJJ. I just need a bit of info.

Are you using a PC laptop/ laptop phone or tablet and what make is it? Windows, Apple/iMac

How are you receiving the messages? Are they just appearing while you're on this website, do they just pop up at random or are you getting emails or text messages?

Last edited:
The messages are being sent to my i phone. They come anytime. I just keep deleting them without opening them. Funnily enough there hasn’t been any today🤭

The messages are being sent to my i phone. They come anytime. I just keep deleting them without opening them. Funnily enough there hasn’t been any today🤭
It's a con man CJJ 100%. If you keep on ignoring and deleting them them they should eventually get fed up and stop, but might they start up again periodically so you need to be on your guard and never click on a link.

There's not a lot you can do bar changing your phone number because somehow they've got hold of it but you could try blocking the caller (I assume it's a text?). Click on the sender at the top of the screen and then click on info. At the the bottom of the next screen you will see an option in red to 'Block this caller'. If the calls are always coming from the same number this will sort it. If he's using different numbers each time it won't so just keep on deleting them.

The other thing you should do is make that all your family aware of the problem because there's just as much chance of it being one of them who's clicked on a dodgy link and the scumbag could have got hold of your details via them. They can access address books and then they will look out for phone numbers attached to names like Nan or Grandad because they think the older will be more vulnerable. It actually happened to me a couple of years ago and it turned out my granddaughter's boyfriend had put us in his address book and then he clicked on a bogus link. We were inundated by phone texts and email for weeks but we rode the storm and now just get the odd one now and again. That's how easy it is even if you're careful so the only way to be safe is to never answer or reply to an unknown text, email or phone call. Personally, I'd burn the thieving scum at the stake :censor: