Unlucky? | Vital Football

Unlucky?

Max.Headroom

Vital Reserves Team
If Nelson had collected that cross into his midriff instead of trying to punch it, which most keepers would do 9 times out of 10. And a free kick was given for a very high foot which nearly connected with a players face for the second goal. We would have won one nil.
Just bad luck? :69:

Not bad luck when Hadler could have been picked.

We were unlucky to lose though.

On the way out some toddlers/infants were screaming abuse at me and my son for being "***** scum" and F#ck off" etc. Should have been tucked up in bed by then. What a charming experience in such a delightful part of our great metropolis.

Sorry to hear that, '58. If it's any consolation (I doubt it will be) I get called '*****' in lots of places, not just London.

Not just that either, this morning some funny fucker decided to do a ten second continuous beep of his horn as he drove past my home at about 6.30am. Hope it made him happy.

Buddha, perhaps he was a George Osborn disciple who was upset that anyone might be scrounging off the state with their curtains drawn and sleeping whilst he was off to work to pay taxes in order to maintain your luxurious lifestyle. On one level I have to admire how his ilk have managed to get the working class to turn on each other rather than focus on who really is ripping them off.

Not just that either, this morning some funny fucker decided to do a ten second continuous beep of his horn as he drove past my home at about 6.30am. Hope it made him happy.

To be fair, I do that most mornings at about 6am on my way to the station up the A20 between Ashford and Hythe to numbskull lorry drivers parked illegally, inconveniently, often dangerously on every slip road and layby. Not excusing the person who did it to you - but the lorry drivers deserve it.

He might well have been, '58. Would be beautiful irony if he were as my curtains were open, I was awake, and I haven't taken a penny off the government (but have paid them plenty of pounds) for more than a decade.

And, yes, you're right, I fully understand how on one level (a perverse and sickening one) you admire how they've managed to achieve such a feat. Think I probably do too. If only we knew our strength, if there's hope it lies with the proles, etc., etc...

Not to worry, Theresa May is here now to save us all. Ha ha ha.

Buddha - 5/10/2016 15:38

He might well have been, '58. Would be beautiful irony if he were as my curtains were open, I was awake, and I haven't taken a penny off the government (but have paid them plenty of pounds) for more than a decade.

Then again Buddha, if you do get up at 6.29am and open your curtains before you have put any clothes on then you should expect the traffic to beeeeeeeep out a warning.... :50:

ian08040 - 5/10/2016 16:25

Beyond me,why Hadler has not been given chance in this competition.

Many people have commented over why hasn't Hadler been given a chance (in the league too) but I don't know anyone who has watched enough youth / reserve matches to comment if he is up to the current standard needed.

SteveTreacle - 5/10/2016 15:32

To be fair, I do that most mornings at about 6am on my way to the station up the A20 between Ashford and Hythe to numbskull lorry drivers parked illegally, inconveniently, often dangerously on every slip road and layby. Not excusing the person who did it to you - but the lorry drivers deserve it.

Treacle, I actually wrote to the PCC about this problem around the whole County and got an e-mail back saying that they "uphold the law where resources allow"

You can imagine my reply !!!!

John_Knee - 5/10/2016 16:30

ian08040 - 5/10/2016 16:25

Beyond me,why Hadler has not been given chance in this competition.

Many people have commented over why hasn't Hadler been given a chance (in the league too) but I don't know anyone who has watched enough youth / reserve matches to comment if he is up to the current standard needed.

I think I've seen him 3/4 times. He looks commanding (should be given the size of the lad!) and a good shot stopper. Maybe prone to a little mistake here and there but nothing worse than what Nelson has done. I don't see why he hasn't been given a chance. Stupid in my eyes

All the pre season hype,that he would be Nelsons No 2,poor lad must be well fed up.how long before Bond is back.

Ironic that Nelson's poor form has limited Hadler's opportunities as much as his own with the need to bring in Bond.

shotshy - 5/10/2016 16:33

SteveTreacle - 5/10/2016 15:32

Treacle, I actually wrote to the PCC about this problem around the whole County and got an e-mail back saying that they "uphold the law where resources allow"

You can imagine my reply !!!!

I wrote to my MP, Damian Collins, about it. Obviously he ignored me because he has FIFA, the great British bake off and the FA to opine on, books to write and "the jungle" in Calais to visit. All very noble, but of
limited use to his electroate, who has decided to completely ignore in respect of backing a huge lorry park, an even bigger garden town and ardently backing staying in the eu (even though it was obvious most of his electorate didn't - it transpired 70+%). Utter ****. I've been invited to a local Tory small village hall tea party type thing at the weekend, where I am told he will be, and a, considering going along, getting stuck in to the wine and telling him what I think!

nibbles - 5/10/2016 23:57

Ironic that Nelson's poor form has limited Hadler's opportunities as much as his own with the need to bring in Bond.
Totally agree.I was against giving Hadler a league start a few weeks ago because I felt our defence was not strong enough for a rooky keeper.But now well Hadler as you have said really has less chance because of Nelson's poor form.Hardly fair.I just hope the lad gets the chance before too long.

To be called a ***** is a badge if honour in my book. Take the abuse full on the chin -Tories, Yids, Yanks, and claim it. Now if they'd called you a grammar school twit, 58, then you'd have a beef.

Yes Jokerman, with my views on Grammars that would really hurt. Best leaving present I've ever got from a pupil was a tea shirt inscribed with "Gillingham - Proud to be a *****". I was so moved, I welled up!! I did a school charity run in it.

Very nice. I'd wear one of those. When we make it to Wembley, let's have a couple of thousand made and flog them outside. We'll make a mint.

jokerman - 7/10/2016 14:50

Very nice. I'd wear one of those. When we make it to Wembley, let's have a couple of thousand made and flog them outside. We'll make a mint.

You used to be able to get them on Amazon/Ebay but I think they were stopped when "***** " became considered a racist term.

There's THAT word again :10: