Under 18s 21/22 | Vital Football

Under 18s 21/22

Max Arnold

Vital Reserves Team
I can never find much info about our under 18s, so thought it would be good to have a thread like the Lincoln City Women's thread. We beat Rotherham 5-1 yesterday with Sean Roughan and Billy Brooks both scoring, Kyrell Wheatley with two and Tayo Alexander-Tucker also scoring. We are now second in the table behind Grimsby.

1635714725994.png

FA Cup on 3rd November against Aylestone Park on Wednesday which I believe is on the outskirts of Leicester. https://www.weareimps.com/news/2021/october/imps-to-face-aylestone-park-in-fa-youth-cup/ .

I remember that our youth team always did well in the leagues under Grant Brown. Unfortunately, the likes of Ollie Ryan and Leon Mettam were about the best we produced. The problem with looking at results and league tables for the youth team is that it doesn't matter how good our youth team as a whole are. It will always come down to whether our best 2 or 3 young players are good enough.

We just need some players to get us over the line a couple of times whilst waiting for some of these players to come of age (and others to fall by the wayside)

That looks like a good league for the first team with all juicy derby games. A shrunken div 3 north kind of thing.

On that record almost worth Grimsby starting with their U18 side in their league.

And our U18’s have scored 32 goals in 13 games…. Dreamland as far as the first team is concerned.