Ukraine v England: Score Predictions & Match Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Ukraine v England: Score Predictions & Match Thread

They got away with wasting about a minute in the four. We won a corner and the referee blew. ******.

Why Southgate feels the need to play both rice and Henderson against a team even the most of casual football fan could have told you were going to sit back and frustrate baffles me.

Like Dion but he was commentating on something that lacked any inspiration - no guile and innovation - seen more from the Imps this season uti

I’m suggesting your implied bias is probably wide of the mark.

I can see England wasting this talented generation with Southgate in charge.
Hes done rather better so far than the managers of the last "golden generation". Though England weren't great today.

Football is ultimately a results game and Southgate has a very good record, in fact one of the best for an England Manager.
Does that mean I watch England matches? Know I don't because they are a cure for insomnia. We bore the opposition into surrender. I am sure Southgate is a nice man, always comes across as that typical clean cut FA blazer type. But he really is a boring guy and his teams play boring football.
But he is going nowhere while he maintains a record of getting results.

Whilst he can be frustratingly cautious, Southgate has the second highest win percentage of any England manager, behind only Fabio Capello.

As his record clearly shows.

Best since Sir Alf. In terms of consistency, arguably better. But hey, still not good enough. We grumble about other clubs' "entitlement" but when it comes to England, a few on here take the biscuit.
To be clear, I'm not in any way entitled with regard to the England side, or Lincoln for that matter. About 30 years back I said England won't win anything in my lifetime. Hopefully, I've another 30 years left and I expect I'll be correct in my prediction.
If Southgate gets us over the line, good on him. I'm not holding my breath though, that could impact on my remaining 30 years😉

Big test for Southgate coming up. Scotland have been weak for a long time but always give England a game because of their passion and energy. Now Scotland have their best team for 50 years there is a real danger they will beat England unless Southgate’s mob shake off their complacency.