UFC Thread | Page 82 | Vital Football

UFC Thread

I thought all the fights lacked real quality. Wedrum seems to have lost ALL of his technique, browne offers nothing. Faber is passed it. Punk although I do really like the guy is useless but fair play to him for stepping in that octogan.

I also like stipe. Seems like a good, level headed, professional and nice guy. And a monster!!!!

Punk totally outclassed.

Werdum will be in trouble now I'd think, hitting the trainer of Brown (well, kicking)

Have to agree Col, some real poor quality.

Not heard anything about the elevator thing?!

Overeem, that was a bit embarrassing. Said MIocic had tapped then they played the replay twice, no tap!

To be fair to him he had just been put to sleep

I reckon he could of said he just saw 3 fairies land on Rogan's head and believed it

Poor card mind but FOC for me so i'll take it all day long

Yeah, maybe TuBBz although not seen others saying that sort of thing, just seemed daft.

Fairies wear boots you know?! Sabbath told me.

Good card last Saturday night

UFC every weekend now for the next 6 weeks

The gift that keeps on giving unlike the Villa

As you say TuBBz, just keeps on coming!

Was disappointed the main card didn't go on for longer but it was a pretty good bang wasn't it?!

Much better than the previous card.

Cyborg was a bit good innit!?

Nelson kicking Big John for not stopping the fight earlier... blimey! Thought Big John took it well though! I'm not a big fan of Nelson getting that belly out all the time!

Ireland’s featherweight champion Conor McGregor will get the chance to become the first fighter to hold two UFC belts at the same time when he takes on Eddie Alvarez for the lightweight title at Madison Square Garden on 12 November.

The fight, which will be the main event on the card of the first UFC event in the city in almost 20 years, was announced by the organisation’s president, Dana White, on Monday night.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/sep/27/conor-mcgregor-to-fight-eddie-alvarez-in-ufc-205-headline-bout

So dana back tracks and let's mcgregor yet again fight without defending his FW title.

What a joke.

Now aldo wants out of ufc.

Dana white is a joke.

So aldo is right. Mcgregor does what he wants and runs the ufc. What a pathetic way to run a sports franchise.

He's the Golden Unicorn mate.

I dont think this one was actually McGregors call though, this was Eddie Alvarez apparently. He wanted McGregor and not Khabib and for two reasons that makes great sense. He has no chance of beating Khabib and McGregor is money.

Anyway my mate got tickets so I am going and yes it is costing us silly silly money but we're front row!!! (of the nosebleeds).

I dont know if you listen to the Fighter and the Kid podcast but Schaub was saying Aldo wont get his wish.

The UFC wont cancel his contract absolutely no chance of it, they'll say 'what are you gona do?', they have the best lawyers in the game so either does another sport or retires.

I hope you dont bet against him again because you'll be throwing it away, you can see it already Alvarez is beaten, just happy to take part. His demeanor is all wrong it looks like he is already in his head I just hope good odds can be had on McGregor inside two rounds.

I hope Alveraz breaks him. I very much doubt he will though.

What is Aldo doing then, I've missed this CDX? Is he saying he wants out because he isn't getting a shot at a re-match?

You think alvarez has lost it mentally?

Reporters at the pressential conference said Eddie was not playing mcgregors games and looked chilled. Eddie has been and done it all. Mcgregor won't get to him. No way.

Eddis is a good wrestler, strong and is a cardiovascular machine.

The Fear - 30/9/2016 08:56

I hope Alveraz breaks him. I very much doubt he will though.

What is Aldo doing then, I've missed this CDX? Is he saying he wants out because he isn't getting a shot at a re-match?

Theres a Russian guy who runs a pizza place near me and I am pretty friendly with him. He is starting to warm to McGregor after hating him, he reckons he has changed a little as he hasnt been as brash.

Yeah he is pretty much saying that verbatim.

He's stuck tho the UFC will not cancel his contract, why would they? If you've got 6 fights or whatever he has left why would they cancel it and let you go fight at Bellator (ethics? no chance!). And Aldo wont get better lawyers than the UFC their rivals who have more money cant even do it.

Dana has even said its not fair on Holloway, aldo etc. but apparently McGregor has some personal issue to deal with which will come out after 205. I have no idea what it is but could be something to do with that guy who died in ring in Ireland. Or maybe some kid on make a wish wants to see him with two belts, who knows.

Anyway is it fair on Aldo? No, but his refusing to fight Holloway in the mean time hardly does anything to hype a figt with McGregor. Only fairly die hard fans want to see McGregor fight Aldo the casual fan doesnt care. From a business point of view its harder to sell a fight between a guy who got beat in 13 seconds, who offers no drama and doesnt show the same desire he used to show i.e. the fight with Frankie.

I mean you need to look at yourself when #5 in LW who has quite a few losses is a bigger draw than you as a 10 year champion, its a disingenuous I know but its the reality. You're only as good as your last fight and in the eyes of the casual fan who outnumber the die hards his last fight isnt even Frankie its McGregor and thats the power of McGregor.

I agree its unfair, its not how you treat a 10 year champ and I'd be frustrated if I was denied my chance at redemption time and again. Personally and this is just my opinion its partially an attitude problem because denying fights until you get your big shot tells me all I need to know about a re-match. Just because you've reached the pinnacle doesnt entitle you IMO and he's unlucky he is up against the face of the UFC and arguably the face of MMA in this era.

I welcome all criticism, I just blabbered a bit.

:6: :6: :6:

colavfc - 1/10/2016 16:10

You think alvarez has lost it mentally?

Reporters at the pressential conference said Eddie was not playing mcgregors games and looked chilled. Eddie has been and done it all. Mcgregor won't get to him. No way.

Eddis is a good wrestler, strong and is a cardiovascular machine.

I was listening to Chael Sonnen the other day and he was saying when have you ever seen Alvarez use this great wrestling he has? Not saying he hasnt got it in the locker but was interesting perspective plus others saying this great engine he has is also hyped.

I dont see him winning but then thats my standard view, rose glasses and all that.

Alvarez again can take shots but he is another in the Aldo territory, he's been in a lot of wars and he may be at the peak end of his powers and Alvarez isnt a bigger dude like Diaz. McGregor will likely head hunt him early and go for a KO inside 2.

The biggest thing I took away from the press conference was Alvarez couldnt take his eye off McGregor or what he was doing. Just watch him at the end of the square off, fixated with McGregor. Everyone McGregor has fought recently has 'done it all' so thats a bit of bullshit, only Nate Diaz so far is capable of shrugging it off because he genuinely doesnt give a fuck.

All opinions, I mean I base a lot on body language and how things unfold before the fight even takes place. Alvarez to me has tells that he is focusing too much on McGregor and what he is about to but that can be very subjective.

**Finally just realized I wrote a wall of text and that I can come across as a bit of a dickhead so my apologies. I try hard to be objective and unbiased but it doesnt always work for me.