U18’s at BDBL in t’cup. | Page 3 | Vital Football

U18’s at BDBL in t’cup.

There seems to be a fair bit of hype around Sydie Peck and after watching a bit of that, I can see why. I know he's always been said to be a very good technician but he looks good physically as well now.

We could have an unbelievable young midfield on our hands here, who can actually play together in the same team.

Arblaster and Brooks are now under contract. Hopefully Peck is as well.

We should aim to start them all at least once between now and the end of the season. A PL start on the CV is a big deal.

There seems to be a fair bit of hype around Sydie Peck and after watching a bit of that, I can see why. I know he's always been said to be a very good technician but he looks good physically as well now.

We could have an unbelievable young midfield on our hands here, who can actually play together in the same team.

Arblaster and Brooks are now under contract. Hopefully Peck is as well.

We should aim to start them all at least once between now and the end of the season. A PL start on the CV is a big deal.
Another we picked up from arsenal hopefully he doesn’t go the same way as lankshear he’s more of a no10 than a goalscorer although he does get his fair share it really should be a priority to secure that grade 1 for the academy as those clubs with it can just cherry pick the cream from clubs like us

Another we picked up from arsenal hopefully he doesn’t go the same way as lankshear he’s more of a no10 than a goalscorer although he does get his fair share it really should be a priority to secure that grade 1 for the academy as those clubs with it can just cherry pick the cream from clubs like us
I'm not sure exactly what getting grade 1 status entails but if there was to be a legacy of this promotion to the PL and all the money that goes with it, surely it should have been this. But we appear to have utterly squandered the opportunity in every way. Has a single aspect of the club improved?

I'm not sure exactly what getting grade 1 status entails but if there was to be a legacy of this promotion to the PL and all the money that goes with it, surely it should have been this. But we appear to have utterly squandered the opportunity in every way. Has a single aspect of the club improved?
I’m not entirely sure either I think they have to have their own facility separate to the 1st team and more coaching staff than we currently have im not sure on any other criteria @Biggles may know more or even your best m8 rod
It’s supposed to have been a priority but I reckon they’re happy as they are with the top players bringing in enough money for it to pay for itself but imagine where we could be with the likes of lankshear (scoring haaland style for spurs) and the lad that city nicked on top of the crop we have already

I’m not entirely sure either I think they have to have their own facility separate to the 1st team and more coaching staff than we currently have im not sure on any other criteria @Biggles may know more or even your best m8 rod
It’s supposed to have been a priority but I reckon they’re happy as they are with the top players bringing in enough money for it to pay for itself but imagine where we could be with the likes of lankshear (scoring haaland style for spurs) and the lad that city nicked on top of the crop we have already

I’m no expert, but as I understand it, it is based on a number of different criteria, including player welfare, education, the facilities available, and the level of coaching received. Each of the criteria, of which there are about ten, is evaluated by an independent audit process and awarded an appropriate mark.
This is repeated every 3 years.

But if you want the simple version, it costs a lot more to run a Cat 1 than a Cat 2.
That is why, we will not be getting Cat 1 status anytime soon.

Me? In my best Shultz voice(Hogans Heroes) i know Nottin,well at least that's wor i keep gerrin told on here by some of the Vital know alls.:giggle: UTB

We’re the last cat2 academy left in the competition it really is time they pushed the boat out it could save millions in the long run