Tyler Walker | Vital Football

Tyler Walker

Very short Career and to have a season out or a lot longer in Lewis's case must be a nightmare for them when they may only get a career until there Mid 30's.

Playing hìm before he was properly fit, great idea
He hasn‘t looked fully fit in any game or part game this season which begs the question how the hell did he pass our club medical when we knew he hadn’t played a string of consecutive games for 3 years.
His agent was set a tough task, find a long term injury prone player a good contract for 2 or 3 years…..well mission accomplished. Got to think we’ve had our trousers pulled down.

He hasn‘t looked fully fit in any game or part game this season which begs the question how the hell did he pass our club medical when we knew he hadn’t played a string of consecutive games for 3 years.
His agent was set a tough task, find a long term injury prone player a good contract for 2 or 3 years…..well mission accomplished. Got to think we’ve had our trousers pulled down.
Just when I'm getting a bit down about Tyler, there's Johnolbe to cheer me up! Thanks for your efforts once again!

Feel very sorry for Tyler who seems a very genuine lad, but John is spot on with his comments unfortunately.

Walker made 33 appearances in 2020-21, 35 in 2021-22, and 19 in 2022-23 - this stuff about signing an injury-prone player is ill-informed crap.

Does anyone really believe Lincoln City is so poorly run that the recruitment team and medical staff were conned by an agent flogging an injured player? Really?

Walker made 33 appearances in 2020-21, 35 in 2021-22, and 19 in 2022-23 - this stuff about signing an injury-prone player is ill-informed crap.

Does anyone really believe Lincoln City is so poorly run that the recruitment team and medical staff were conned by an agent flogging an injured player? Really?
Fully agree I‘m sure Tyler would have had all the scans and tests every other player had and has either passed them with flying colours or we as a club have taken a calculated gamble.

I’’m not sure our club is financially in a position to take calculated risks if anything shows up on scans/teats.

I don't believe we are poorly run. But I do believe we have had an history of signing players who prior to signing for us have had injury problems. Hopefully this will change under Skoobs. These signings are always a gamble.
In fairness Neal Eardley was a gamble that really paid off. Unfortunately Walsh and Bishop have not. And now it looks like Walker was another one that has proved to be a mistake.
Despite of this I feel desperately sorry for any player who has suffered career threatening injuries. I wish Walker nothing but the best and who knows he may come back fully fit next season and start banging the goals in and make me eat my words. I would be delighted if he does.

The key stat in that Scot is the 19 appearances he made in 2022-23, after which Coventry released him. We basically signed him injured, and to be honest signed him based solely on a good loan period with us five years ago.

He had a very average three years at Coventry, loaned out in his second season to Portsmouth (very poor spell according to reports), and an injury ravaged third season when Coventry couldn't loan him out anywhere. In fact as I recall he was still injured when we signed him and had no pre-season as a result.

However the main point is, as Ruskington says, we need to get away from signing players who have a recent history of injuries. I know injuries can happen at any time, but Bishop (one of our highest earners) had several seasons prior to joining us that were affected by injury - and his time with us has been similar. Same to a slightly lesser extent with Walsh. Both signings were gambles, as was Tyler's.

Like Rusk, I do still hope that Tyler gets a good summer under his belt and does well for us next season. He is probably more a Skoobs type of player than he was Kennedy's.

Devastating news. I was buzzing when he signed. Then I was hoping he'll be back for Christmas. Now I just want to cry..

Very good player so there is still hope in me that he'll be important for us next season.

Shall we recall Freddie is the question ?

Fully agree I‘m sure Tyler would have had all the scans and tests every other player had and has either passed them with flying colours or we as a club have taken a calculated gamble.

I’’m not sure our club is financially in a position to take calculated risks if anything shows up on scans/teats.
Minutes played in all competitions by Tyler Walker and Ted Bishop in the last 3 seasons

20/21
Walker 1912
Bishop 2470

21/22
Walker 1395
Bishop 2808

22/23
Walker 495
Bishop 1859

Totals
Walker 3802 minutes ( 63 hours 22 minutes)
Bishop 7137 minutes (118 hours 57 minutes)

Some people slate Bishop for being injury prone and say he is a luxury we can’t afford. We signed Tyler Walker who has played just over half the minutes that Ted has over the last 3 completed seasons. Decide for yourselves who is the biggest gamble.

Minutes played in all competitions by Tyler Walker and Ted Bishop in the last 3 seasons

20/21
Walker 1912
Bishop 2470

21/22
Walker 1395
Bishop 2808

22/23
Walker 495
Bishop 1859

Totals
Walker 3802 minutes ( 63 hours 22 minutes)
Bishop 7137 minutes (118 hours 57 minutes)

Some people slate Bishop for being injury prone and say he is a luxury we can’t afford. We signed Tyler Walker who has played just over half the minutes that Ted has over the last 3 completed seasons. Decide for yourselves who is the biggest gamble.
How much of Walkers lack of time is beacuse he was sat on the bench? He's obviously had quite a bit of time out injured but I'm not convinced it's as bad as these stats make out.

How much of Walkers lack of time is beacuse he was sat on the bench? He's obviously had quite a bit of time out injured but I'm not convinced it's as bad as these stats make out.
Don’t know but the same can be said about Bishop, how many times has he been on the bench or subbed early so its the same fir both players.