two points | Vital Football

two points

Martinez1986

Vital Squad Member
Yes folks in a season of negative statistics heres a positive did you know that we are two points better off at this date of the season than last season having played two games less and won more away games as well :rocker:

UTFT

I find it a tad weird that no one has put this up

It's been a crazy turnaround since Lowes header against Wednesday.

2 factors. We got players out like Mulgrew and Windass

Gary Roberts in and around the team has a positive impact as shown over last 2 seasons.

We now have belief and confidence that we can take on anyone and win anywhere. We go into a spell now of playing all the teams around us. It's in our hands. We're 19th. We couldn't have dreamed of being in this position after that run of results up to Bristol City at home.

And the day we lost to Bristol City we were 16pts behind Hull. If we take care of Luton next week and Hull fail to win at Stoke then we go ahead of them. Leeds should take care of Huddersfield also so we really need to take care of this game next week. We need to keep climbing where possible.

There's been plenty statistics about how bad we've been doing from posters alas it's about time a positive one was posted

UTFT

Alas?

I've no problem with positive statistics - like, as Glasgow alludes to, how many points we've picked up in our last few games.......top of the form league - but I'm just saying that a comparison to last season's (poor) position seems a little pointless .......... and also self defeating. It just reminds us that we're barely better than we were last season, where it took a very late run to see us safe.

Not having a pop. Just think if you're looking for a positive message, it's maybe not the best option.

I think the best positive stat is that we are top of the form table with an incredible 17 points from our last 8 games.
Although we have given ourselves a good chance of staying up with that form,the job is far from complete,with a lot of work still to do.Starting with another huge game at home to Luton next week and all the focus will be on that.

I love how a good run of form suddenly makes how poor we've previously been suddenly disapear in some peoples minds and make out like it was great all along.

We have been terrible for much of the last 12 months, but now we have improved and the last week was a game changer - 2 things can be true at once. Cook was woeful earlier in the season and deserved sacking but he has done very well in the recent run and produced a turn around that probably no one thought possible and he will win people back round if he keeps this up. Again 2 things can be true at once.

only in your always negative view of course

UTFT

Was you happy with where we were at this point last season? I presume not.

So, why would it be a positive that we're slightly better off at the moment?

As I say, there are lots of positives you could select ................. but this isn't a good one.

Yes folks in a season of negative statistics heres a positive did you know that we are two points better off at this date of the season than last season having played two games less and won more away games as well :rocker:

UTFT

I find it a tad weird that no one has put this up

I love how a good run of form suddenly makes how poor we've previously been suddenly disapear in some peoples minds and make out like it was great all along.

Enough said! :clap:

Enough said! :clap:

enough said lol

only thing enough said on here is your absence over the last few games must be nowt moan about in fact the best win of the season has produced the quietest this board has been in months

UTFT

Things are looking better than they were before, but they're hardly looking good. You won't catch me happy clapping just yet.

We are still at serious risk of relegation despite now being literally top of the form table. That's how bad it was before.

Great that things seem to have turned around, but it's not time for celebration. Cautious optimism at best. We've given ourselves a fighting chance of staying up, but that's all it is at the moment.

Only time will tell, and I stand by my belief that we wouldn't be anywhere near as low as we are now if we'd changed manager in October when we should've.