Tue 3 April -New VMC launch date | Vital Football

Tue 3 April -New VMC launch date

Tudor

Vital Football Legend
Peeps

The brand new looking VMC, including forums will launch this Tuesday, 3 April. I have not been told of the time, albeit I expect it will be overnight.

Even though the site will look brand new, some of you may not be able to see it due to a thing called DNS. Nope, I haven't a clue what that means. (I think it is to do with some of your devices may need a little time to do whatever they do to update the VMC URL.)

It is going to take me a little time to get my head around the new system so please, bear with me.

Admin

We will have a new admin system. I haven't seen it yet and so I'll need an idiots guide - think JF is going to send out instructions.

There will no doubt be teething problems and so please have a little patience with me.

Please use this thread to ask questions, if you have any, and i'll do my best to answer them.

Once the new system is up and running we can use this thread to test adding Twitter stuff, GIFS, images etc etc.

All systems are (nearly) go :043:

I am a bit worried that members may not be able to see the new forum, is there a contact that they can use if that happens? I mean elsewhere on the vital site.

how have the Villa Members got round the DNS

Buzz Lightyear - 30/3/2018 13:46

I am a bit worried that members may not be able to see the new forum, is there a contact that they can use if that happens? I mean elsewhere on the vital site.

They can contact me on the sites email address - manchestercity@vitalfootball.co.uk

how have the Villa Members got round the DNS

It took some a few hours while others had access virtually straight away.

My advice on Tuesday is to clear your cache (you can do this at the foot of the page by clicking on the link). That should do the trick.

Another way would be try and gain access by using other methods - PC, laptop, mobile, tablet etc. One will work.

kennyclementstache - 31/3/2018 13:05

Will our posts total be reset to nil - if so I'll save all my spleen etc until Wednesday.
Not that I'm aware of Kenny.

BamaEngineer - 31/3/2018 23:29

As long as we aren't taken mysteriously to the dark web. :002: I'm sure it will sort itself soon enough. :001:

You mean we're not already there! :002:

Looks like the Members League will disappear (BOO!!).

Not too sure if our Vital points tally will revert back to zero as well. I would think they will as the Network is moving to new servers.

Make a note of your post total. Then we can still keep our own personal record going. I know it's silly, but it's something I want to keep going.
:003:

Wow, now that is a good point. Note to self
.......copy and save 'how to embed YouTube videos', then again, isn't that going to be easier with the new site :048:

Skoorb - 2/4/2018 14:08

Wow, now that is a good point. Note to self
.......copy and save 'how to embed YouTube videos', then again, isn't that going to be easier with the new site :048:

All you have to do is copy the YouTube video URL. A piece of piss and no where as difficult as it is just now. It will be the same when you want to embed Twitter material, gifs etc.