O/T Trump | Page 17 | Vital Football

O/T Trump

80deg16minW - 26/1/2018 05:23

Trump's speech in Davos was impressive.

The problem is when Trump reads from a teleprompter, its not him talking. We all know he'll contradict himself as soon as he get the chance.

CanadianSpur - 26/1/2018 20:48

80deg16minW - 26/1/2018 05:23

Trump's speech in Davos was impressive.

The problem is when Trump reads from a teleprompter, its not him talking. We all know he'll contradict himself as soon as he get the chance.

Yup. But it was still well written and well delivered.

Trump just announced that GM is closing a plant in Korea and reopening it in Detroit.

Been stunned to see this happening lately...but not altogether surprised - he really is kicking the US economy into shape...which is funnily enough the one thing that I predicted he would achieve...

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/12/trump-isnt-more-popular-but-his-policies-are-commentary.html

The increase in US domestic oil production is pushing them toward being their own supplier.

Think what that will do to the Middle East.

80deg16minW - 14/2/2018 15:22

The increase in US domestic oil production is pushing them toward being their own supplier.

I've been steadily watching the resilience and growth of their fracking operations for a long time - we too in the UK could achieve the same - but we're dragging our feet in ways the US and Canada with sand oils isn't..

Spursex - 14/2/2018 15:24

80deg16minW - 14/2/2018 15:22

I've been steadily watching the resilience and growth of their fracking operations for a long time - we too in the UK could achieve the same - but we're dragging our feet in ways the US and Canada with sand oils isn't..

Oil sands production is down to around $22.00 per barrel. There are some variables missing from that but it is the bench mark.

I'm torn on this one. It is now cheap to create an environmental mess.

Along with what looks like his booming domestic economic successes...and doing what many a US predident has threatened- but never followed through with in regards to Chinese dumping and subsidies - which also looks like it's going to pay off.....could it be that finally standing up to North Korea and Trump scaring them (and most of us!) as much as they've scared everyone around them will pay massive dividends?

IF it does - then the decades/recent years of the Amercians and the Wests appeasement to their beligerence will have achieved something that everyone thought was impossible.

It would be an incredible, almost incredulous win for Trump bellicose belligerence which was totally contrary to all the so-called foreign policy experts in Washingtons advice.

Too early to talk of his 'potential' success or will he still derail it and look stupid?

Looking increasingly like Trunos toe to toe rhetoric back at South Korea and shaking the war sabre has brought North Korea to it's senses - just seems to underline yet again that decades of appeasement was a piss poor way to respond...

Incredible progress really, utterly incredible and has got Trumps Korean policy critics dumbfounded...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-43921385

To be fair to everyone there was a confluence of events that triggered the Korean situation but the US refusal to back down certainly changed the tone.

Earnings season has kicked off in the US with a bang as well. Some very happy Americans getting the first real raises in pay they've had in ages.

NAFTA looks like it is about to get sorted.

The China trade talks continue and Trump is looking more and more like the problem fixer the people who voted for him wanted. There are very few domestic opponents to his various positions on trade with China.

The next big news item will be the determination of the autonomous presidential power available to him. There is a line that determines where he needs approval and where he can act unilaterally that is about to be tested.

WTF? So has Trump just said listen if you don't sort you're shit out I will blow you all up?

Seems odd to me.

Anyway have always thought the North were just cock waving and Putin is the one to worry about.

WTF? So has Trump just said listen if you don't sort you're shit out I will blow you all up?

Seems odd to me.

Anyway have always thought the North were just cock waving and Putin is the one to worry about.

yes, that's a crude way of saying that is what he has done - but it was also crystal clear is that he has instructed his military to make the preparations - and then he made it clear to the Chinese that enough was enough, and once they agreed and starting really hitting the sanctions in the way they have never done before with North Korea, it has bought the rocketman to his knees....

It's not yet a done deal, but I suspect Trump will not relent on the pressure (nor China) until they've handed over and dismantled all their nuclear facilities and arsenal.

North Korea is now utterly bankrupt and starvation for ALL it's people - not just some is now a real possibility, worse still US sanctions are hitting the Korean elite - and the screw is continuing to be turned.

Trump is beginning to have looked to triumph when Precedent after President has failed.

Utterly incredible.

I know Trump inherited a shed load but you don't make Billions by being stupid. He has always had a good business brain. He is also ruthless. Which as you know to be successful that is what you need to be.

I do find it funny that this loony has been the one to make Kim and his cronies to break though. Fair play to him. He has my respect.

Would he have the balls to do similar sanctions on the Russians though?

I know Trump inherited a shed load but you don't make Billions by being stupid. He has always had a good business brain. He is also ruthless. Which as you know to be successful that is what you need to be.

I do find it funny that this loony has been the one to make Kim and his cronies to break though. Fair play to him. He has my respect.

I honestly think the Koreans were as scared of Trump as we were of them.

Russia is a whole different ballgame. I highly doubt Putin would blink.

So he's coming to the UK in July and all the Liberal Leftie SJW tosspots are planning mass protests.

Good , take all the fuckers out in one go when we know where they are:thumbup::wahey::Fingers::cool:

The latest Sanctions on the Russian oligaths close to Putin are incredible - no other President has ever done anything like it - for a man who supposedly was/is in the Russians pockets it is almost beyond belief - and they are now really biting.

Will they bring Putin and the Russians to their senses?...put it this way, when we went into Syria despite their home media BS about their defence system bring down 76 of the 110 missles we chucked at them, the Russians did nothing and sucked it up.

The only body allowing the Russians to get away with what they are now is the EU - who are virtually complicit in his behaviour now.

Well it looks like he is going to win and win big with North Korea and it once again shows that standing up to bullies and nutcases in the World is the only way to go...he's made Obama look like a very weak willed scared Liberal...

Now will he do the same over Iran, where even Iranians thought that the deal they got was akin to bending over the west and fisting them for laughs?

If he contains the Iranians and their territorial ambitions and stops the from backing the Houthi's, Hezbollah, Hamas and the Syrian death president - he'll have achieved something pretty special...

incredible really.

Well, now he has really really really pissed us off. All of us. I've never seen Canadians so unified on an issue most of them don't pay attention to.

Calling Canada a threat to National Security is a step too far.

The end result of this idiocy from Trump will be to drive Putin into the EU's open arms.