Trouble vs Forest | Vital Football

Trouble vs Forest

There was some name calling on Twitter too. I hope they will be taking that seriously and we see arrests soon...

Absolutely. No problem with them getting there f u cki ng heads kicked in like the 70's classic song goes but when it sinks to words in the ether through social media well that's beyond the pale and the full force of the law needs to come down on it like a ton of bricks. Thank Christ the moderators on Facebook et al are so amazing.

1652603226325.png

Absolutely. No problem with them getting there f u cki ng heads kicked in like the 70's classic song goes but when it sinks to words in the ether through social media well that's beyond the pale and the full force of the law needs to come down on it like a ton of bricks. Thank Christ the moderators on Facebook et al are so amazing.

View attachment 57657
SYP would have concentrated their reources on social media vigilance whilst, how surprising, actual individuals walking on the streets, engaged in some punch throwing and general nastiness.That would need brains to anticipate that.

I'm not saying we were angels, far from it, but the biggest problem nowadays seems to be that instead of having a few pints before the game, you can't now turn up unless you're drunk to the point of barely being able to stand, and a couple of lines of coke too just to put the edge on. No-one can seemingly 'enjoy themselves' unless they have no recall of what they did when they wake up later, apart from the lumps and strange bruises. I guess I'd call it 'Ibiza Syndrome'.

I'm not saying we were angels, far from it, but the biggest problem nowadays seems to be that instead of having a few pints before the game, you can't now turn up unless you're drunk to the point of barely being able to stand, and a couple of lines of coke too just to put the edge on. No-one can seemingly 'enjoy themselves' unless they have no recall of what they did when they wake up later, apart from the lumps and strange bruises. I guess I'd call it 'Ibiza Syndrome'.
"waking up", "strange bruises", can remember them well, all part of going to away games in 70's and 80's.

Like I say, we weren't angels, but there seems to be a thing in the younger end that unless you end the evening comatose in A&E, you haven't had a 'good night out'.

I suppose I'm of the 'old fart' generation now, who knew the pubs shut at 2.30pm and 10.30. 'Unrestricted' opening hours was brought in by Blair, as so many MP's and their friends were complaining that they couldn't get a glass of Chardonnay while out with the missus for late Sunday Lunch with Jemima and Tarquin. As always, the left, and the elite in general have no clue as to the capacity for 'other folks' to ignore, misuse and generally take the piss from their good intentions.

"waking up", "strange bruises", can remember them well, all part of going to away games in 70's and 80's.
What's different now is that there's far more at it. It's not about gangs of lads getting pissed and/or looking for a scrap with likeminded oppsition, it's sections of fans throughout the ground who arrive (usually late) totally off their heads and are too far gone to have any interest in what's happening on the pitch and spend most of the match spoiling it for those who do. I don't know how some even get in to be honest, I've been warned on the gates more than once just because of the ale on my breath.

What's different now is that there's far more at it. It's not about gangs of lads getting pissed and/or looking for a scrap with likeminded oppsition, it's sections of fans throughout the ground who arrive (usually late) totally off their heads and are too far gone to have any interest in what's happening on the pitch and spend most of the match spoiling it for those who do. I don't know how some even get in to be honest, I've been warned on the gates more than once just because of the ale on my breath.
Piss head

I suppose I'm of the 'old fart' generation now, who knew the pubs shut at 2.30pm and 10.30. 'Unrestricted' opening hours was brought in by Blair, as so many MP's and their friends were complaining that they couldn't get a glass of Chardonnay while out with the missus for late Sunday Lunch with Jemima and Tarquin. As always, the left, and the elite in general have no clue as to the capacity for 'other folks' to ignore, misuse and generally take the piss from their good intentions.
Nah you're not an old fart yet FTB. You'd have to start quoting your own posts and replying to them to get to that stage. :grinning:

And all it did was spread the spending power over longer hours thus crippling many outlets who couldn't afford to staff the bars for the same take for more wages.

Lol I do that all the time. I think the best thing about this website is that there's no re-Edit time limit. Same goes for the Delete function.

True but if someone has already liked or replied to it, then I think editing the original comment is poor form. Just my view of etiquette...