Transitioning n/g | Page 2 | Vital Football

Transitioning n/g

To follow on from above, the cause of gender dysphoria is not really known and it is judged only from the symptoms (this is a horrible word to use). Depending on the scale of the dysphoria it might be sufficent (in the case of male to female) for the person to simply crossdress and pass themselves off as the other gender. On the other scale the thought of looking down at a penis is troubling and triggering. I think it is common enough knownledge that the trans community also has one of the highest suicide rates as a group of people. For a lot of those who commit suicide, transitioning into the other gender doesn't always fix the dysphoria.

The problem is that there is a lack of knowledge and people can go down the path without really knowing the actual final destination that will make them happy - if at all. Naturally there are many who transition successfully and find their place in the world. In the case of the two transwomen linked to, both self funded.

You cannot rule out the emotional problems that some people have, which in effect you are denying.

Lots of people have emotional problems for all manner of reasons. With the NHS underfunded, whose emotional problems are more worthy of getting the last few scraps in the budget?

The situation in victorian times and earlier was that women (middle class and rich) were persuaded that they were weak and needed to be mollycoddled the poor dears.

As a result of this brainwashing If they saw or heard anything stressful they would swoon and feint, in fact they carried smelling salts in their bags. You see this all the time in literature of the day.

Most of the current trans stuff is similar in that individuals are told the behaviour exists and therefore it becomes fact in their minds.

The same happened in relation to the belief in witches, voodoo and many religions or cults.

Were the elderly handed their savings or houses? Put the young against the old - more divide and rule.
Maybe most of the older generation went through great hardship and went without to survive and have a little in old age.
We could do with educating the younger people about what had to be given up to put a deposit together. Do this generation know what it is like to go without or do they just think that going without takeaways or extra data, etc is abuse lol.
If they are so hard done by then maybe they should be more politically active but then they may have to go against google, facebook and twitter but without that world how would they survive.
Iy suites our masters to divide us though lol.

I'm 68 and don't consider myself elderly but just past my best. I received mortgage intererest tax relief on the first house I bought (government bribe). All the right to buyers enjoyed a healthy discount (government bribe), every scheme to help with deposits/help first time buyers has been... a government bribe.

Governments of both stripes gambled that keeping the dream of house purchase as a dangling carrot and keeping the already owning sweet was the route to electoral success. Everything from interest rates to overall economic policy has been weighed in on top of that to keep the pot boiling and keep prices rising. It makes people feel better off and yes just better than they really are. The developers have added fuel to the fire by engineering building and sales to keep prices rising.

What did I do to end up worth several hundred thousand pounds in my main residence? About Three boring half hours in estate agent offices over several decades... kerching! If I had done anything, and I mean anything, else to acquire that money then I would have been taxed each time I realised a profit. The only lesson the young need to learn is that this carousel is stuck with trhe same riders until they die off one by one. At that point their inheritors get a go tax free before anyone else. Our masters have lost control of the system and it doesn't work anymore.

Fucking right the elderly got handed (relatively speaking) their savings and their houses. They never had to fight in a war and grew up with all the benefits of the welfare state, full employment, free education, and property that was cheap as chips when it came on sale. Luckily for me, I'm just about old enough to have jumped on the ladder before it got pulled up once and for all.

I feel sorry for the youngsters. They've got no chance. They have to get themselves up to their eyeballs in debt to get an education, they can't own any property unless they're lucky enough to inherit it, and they can't have all the things that the older generation got for free without paying through the nose for it. And they can't be European citizens any more because all the old sods who are living high on the hog now - the most spoilt generation that ever lived - have decided that enough is enough and it's time for the little bastards to suffer because they're all snowflakes or something and could do with some character building.

Fucking right the elderly got handed (relatively speaking) their savings and their houses. They never had to fight in a war and grew up with all the benefits of the welfare state, full employment, free education, and property that was cheap as chips when it came on sale. Luckily for me, I'm just about old enough to have jumped on the ladder before it got pulled up once and for all.

I feel sorry for the youngsters. They've got no chance. They have to get themselves up to their eyeballs in debt to get an education, they can't own any property unless they're lucky enough to inherit it, and they can't have all the things that the older generation got for free without paying through the nose for it. And they can't be European citizens any more because all the old sods who are living high on the hog now - the most spoilt generation that ever lived - have decided that enough is enough and it's time for the little bastards to suffer because they're all snowflakes or something and could do with some character building.

I mentioned something similar the other month and got lambasted for being "ageist".

That's bollox - if you have a reasoned statement/argument then express it
He was being sarcastic, obviously.

I'm typical of the older generation who have benefitted from the system. I'm surrounded by the types Alderman describes, unfortunately. I'm very grateful for what the system has done for me and won't be voting to pull up the ladder behind me.

I wish one of the main parties said "let's put 1% on tax and lets fund the NHS properly". That would get my vote.

I'm 68 and don't consider myself elderly but just past my best. I received mortgage intererest tax relief on the first house I bought (government bribe). All the right to buyers enjoyed a healthy discount (government bribe), every scheme to help with deposits/help first time buyers has been... a government bribe.

What did I do to end up worth several hundred thousand pounds in my main residence? .

Back in the day when all these "bribes" were happening the UK's population was growing steadily and a pledge to build 100,000 new houses per year would have been a valid target to keep everyone housed. Nowadays we'd probably need to build an unrealistic target of 300,000 to keep pace. I doubt when we signed the Maastricht treaty that we'd expect our population to raise by an average of 400,000 people per year from the year 2000.

The simple answer to how have you managed with such a valuable asset simply comes down to scarcity of supply of housing and the fact our population has been growing at a rate we could possibly build new housing for.

(the above isn't an attack on immigration although obviously immigration is one factor in population growth and it depends on your political ideology if "the more the better" is a good thing or not. My mentioning of the Maastricht treaty was more to do with a time reference point only)

Very refreshing to hear that!

I wish one of the main parties said "let's put 1% on tax and lets fund the NHS properly". That would get my vote.

Everyone says that on internet forums, and to friendly pollsters holding clipboards. Then they get into the polling booth, and vote for the party which will enable them to afford the best holiday.

Jeez?
Didn't realise things were that tough in Germany.
I think it falls on all of us who have done well to redistribute their wealth down to their children before they die.
Any boomer sitting on hundreds of thousands in equity needs to be taking a look at themselves if their kids are struggling.

Jeez?
Didn't realise things were that tough in Germany.
I think it falls on all of us who have done well to redistribute their wealth down to their children before they die.
Any boomer sitting on hundreds of thousands in equity needs to be taking a look at themselves if their kids are struggling.
Germany has a culture of secure rentals, ie institutional landlords with benefit of security for life, as opposed to ownership. Plus, higher tax rates/levies than in the UK

Germany has a culture of secure rentals, ie institutional landlords with benefit of security for life, as opposed to ownership. Plus, higher tax rates/levies than in the UK
Yeah, I know that WK.
I don't live in a box.
I was being sarcky at ABs constant observations and firm opinions about a country that he hasn't lived in for many years.
He should worry about his own country.
They have enough problems of their own.

There is evidence from all round the world that the diaspora have firmer views than the natives on many subjects.
Someone should do a study on it to find out why.
Secret regret?