Transfers - Summer 2024 | Page 24 | Vital Football

Transfers - Summer 2024

Well the front runners for the United job are Southgate and Tuchel and both would want Kane. It remains to be seen if Harry will want to stay in Germany or risk his move being branded a failure. There is more chance Bayern being successful next term than United irrespective of how far Bayern are behind Bayer.

Saying that don't we have a buy back clause? If he were to leave would we exercise the clause or let the last stay in the past?

I don't see how we could retain Ange and have Kane back in the mix. It really is a square peg in a round hole situation. Our defensive record could also get even worse based on what we saw from Kane in the last couple of years.

Kane needs to get his head down and help BM become successful. They're in the CL semi's so him and Dier have a superb opportunity to bring success to Munich.

Southgate to Utd would make my day, month and year !!!

I don't see how we could retain Ange and have Kane back in the mix. It really is a square peg in a round hole situation. Our defensive record could also get even worse based on what we saw from Kane in the last couple of years.

Kane needs to get his head down and help BM become successful. They're in the CL semi's so him and Dier have a superb opportunity to bring success to Munich.

Southgate to Utd would make my day, month and year !!!
I'm of the same opinion re Kane. We have to resist going back and give Ange the players that fit.

I'm also of the same opinion of Southgate. Id piss myself if he does go to Utd and I really can see it. He is mates with Dave Brailsworth and Jim Radcliffe likes him.

Yeah, we did at the start of the season.

His value would have been £15-20m apparently. We got him for free and they probably got £1m for a friendly.

And if he has, then he has the moral high ground. FIFA shafted his club and he has no other tool than common sense and sympathy. As I said above, not a great look for Levy or THFC.

Nobody cares.

That's OK then. Another football club who will go out of their way not to sell us their best players in future. Even if they do, it will be at a premium to what other clubs will pay.

They've had some outstanding players at that club over the years and act as a stepping stone to the PL.

Did Levy even do that deal?

Well the front runners for the United job are Southgate and Tuchel and both would want Kane. It remains to be seen if Harry will want to stay in Germany or risk his move being branded a failure. There is more chance Bayern being successful next term than United irrespective of how far Bayern are behind Bayer.

Saying that don't we have a buy back clause? If he were to leave would we exercise the clause or let the last stay in the past?
Good answer and I guess we couldnt afford the buy back anyhow - as his value has probably doubled since he left even in his latter years

We are supposedly interested in Aussie wonder kid Thomas Waddingham a 19 year old striker with Brisbane Roar. Not sure why we would want another to add to Soonsup-Bell, Lankshear, Scarlett, Veliz and Parrott unless he is very special.

Last edited:
Grealish would walk onto our team and it isn't close.

That's the problem though. He does too much walking. He is also 15 months from his 30th b'day.

I don't like his stats either. He's started 250 senior games and has another 70 appearances from the bench. 50 assists and 43 goals is not a big enough goal contribution when you play for the best team in a luxury position.

Of course he'd contribute something in our squad, but that's not the right reason to spunk a load of money on him.

That's the problem though. He does too much walking. He is also 15 months from his 30th b'day.

I don't like his stats either. He's started 250 senior games and has another 70 appearances from the bench. 50 assists and 43 goals is not a big enough goal contribution when you play for the best team in a luxury position.

Of course he'd contribute something in our squad, but that's not the right reason to spunk a load of money on him.
We won't be. I am confident he doesn't fit the recruitment profile.