💰 Transfers - Summer 2023 | Page 250 | Vital Football

💰 Transfers - Summer 2023

Whoever signs off these player contracts should be sacked (but they probably wrote themselves a water tight contract!). In every industry for us plebs if someone is no longer fit for purpose in the real world they are taken through a process which ends in them being freed up. i.e sacked...... why should players be able to hang around and still get paid for not playing or performing eh! Again society encourages fat cat salaries and incredible pay off clauses...whilst joe soap just gets shown the feckin door pronto ......makes my blood boil......ah well life aint fair eh!.

On the flip side of that, if Joe Soap gets a better job offer from elsewhere, he can leave after working a bit of notice and off he goes.

The current balance of football contracts protects both the player and the club in fairly equal measure. There are obvious issues with both, but I think that is more because of how obscene the figures are.

Whoever signs off these player contracts should be sacked (but they probably wrote themselves a water tight contract!). In every industry for us plebs if someone is no longer fit for purpose in the real world they are taken through a process which ends in them being freed up. i.e sacked...... why should players be able to hang around and still get paid for not playing or performing eh! Again society encourages fat cat salaries and incredible pay off clauses...whilst joe soap just gets shown the feckin door pronto ......makes my blood boil......ah well life aint fair eh!.
Could not agree anymore there Greavsie!

The loan fee this year is £3.5 mill; next season they will have to pay £24.7 mill upfront and the add on's (for appearances and silverware/top 4 finish will come to a potential £8 mill).

Chelsea are causing and feeding a massive inflationary rise in fees. I believe their intention is to cause a financial chasm between the top and bottom of the PL as fast as they can.
Let's hope they fall flat on their faces. Their performance at the London Stadium at the weekend was very ordinary, no cohesion, just a bunch of expensive buys trying to justify their fee. I had to chuckle when their record signing gave away a penalty shortly after making his debut.

Let's hope they fall flat on their faces. Their performance at the London Stadium at the weekend was very ordinary, no cohesion, just a bunch of expensive buys trying to justify their fee. I had to chuckle when their record signing gave away a penalty shortly after making his debut.
Haha TQ, laughed myself, but within minutes I got 2 texts from a couple of Wham oppo's of mine, basically the same they read...WP = £30m, Caicedo = £115m, yor avin a laff!

On the flip side of that, if Joe Soap gets a better job offer from elsewhere, he can leave after working a bit of notice and off he goes.

The current balance of football contracts protects both the player and the club in fairly equal measure. There are obvious issues with both, but I think that is more because of how obscene the figures are.
thats the point they earn so much wages they wont walk...sit pretty and take the dosh ...they dont care about playing football it seems.

Happily for us; they will take time to gel; their spending lacks an identity and has been like a mad bad shotgun blast.

Caicedo has had no pre-season worth mentioning and they've already got a couple of walking wounded.

Financially, they have to finish top 4 or sell every English player (virtually) they have got.

They will buy again now because of their approach, the yanks are already crapping their pants.

Call it a hunch but something doesn't smell quite right when Chelsea loan one of their best young talents to a club who are going to be one of their main challengers this season.
Have they loaned a player to Luton? That's their main 'challenger' this season.

This Chelsea team, coach and owner are all pissing into the wind. A 100m striker nobody wants and they desperately need a striker.

Nearly 1 billion spent and they look worse than before he spent a penny. On his third coach and they've all done worse than the first.

Feckin joke of a club. Hope their FFP gamble backfires and they fold.

Like it or not, we are a business, with business partners/suppliers,promoters and sponsors, all have a roll to play.

The tour organisers and the sponsors (both club and personal) sought and received assurances that if fit, Kane would play.

When money talks, bullshit walks.

Ange knew what he was doing.

What can "play" mean though? Why couldn't he have been the second half guy and let Richi be the first half guy with the main eleven on tour? Why as much as 80 mins against Donetsk, with Scarlett only getting 10 precious mins?

I hear where you're coming from about tour organisers and sponsors, and it being nothing to do with the BM deal. Just wondering how much latitude we had.

What can "play" mean though? Why couldn't he have been the second half guy and let Richi be the first half guy with the main eleven on tour? Why as much as 80 mins against Donetsk, with Scarlett only getting 10 precious mins?

I hear where you're coming from about tour organisers and sponsors, and it being nothing to do with the BM deal. Just wondering how much latitude we had.

We have to trust that Ange did what he had to. As he has now admitted, we've known for a very long time that he was off - everything else was window dressing and media B/S.

We move on.

This might not be the correct thread but hey here goes...

Just been reading that Timmy is at it again criticising a Spurs player, yo n behold its Maddi this time, Timmy says he ain't quick enough and that he would pick him to mark!

Attention seeking twat! that's my thoughts anyway lol!

This might not be the correct thread but hey here goes...

Just been reading that Timmy is at it again criticising a Spurs player, yo n behold its Maddi this time, Timmy says he ain't quick enough and that he would pick him to mark!

Attention seeking twat! that's my thoughts anyway lol!
I take it he missed Maddison going past 3 players from deep with sensational dribbling ability?

Tim wishes he had Maddisons ability as a player.

Maybe mentioned before but I find it astonishing that we're not interested in iheanacho who comfortably sits on the bench and nearly always delivers when given the chance. I think he is quality. Man of the match against us last year and probably available for under 15 million