Transfer window | Page 6 | Vital Football

Transfer window

Sniffer Dog - 19/12/2017 12:13

LyttleByLyttle - 19/12/2017 11:52

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3317090/chelseas-jake-clarke-salter-set-for-nottingham-forest-loan-move-sources

Seems like a realistic one to me

Not what we need in my opinion, another 20 year old kid with no experience.
We need a leader, someone who has been there and done it.

He's a good player, but do you really expect Warburton to deliver what we need?

No new keeper.

A 2 million pound right back that's not as good as the one we got for free.

A 34 year old striker on a three year deal blocking the development of our star youngster.

A non-playing Scottish Championship striker.

A hard man defensive midfielder that's not hard.

A Greek midfielder who doesn't really add anything that we need.

Our player of the season undoubtedly but blocking the way of our 3 million pound signing from last season. An unneeded loan signing regardless of how good he has been.

A very good winger.

So, what are the odds that he will make a signing that we actually need? Going by the above, I would make the odds 7-1.

Hawkeye1 - 19/12/2017 13:34

Trust

If Warburton thinks that this Chelsea player can enhance and boost our team then go for him.
I remember watching him play and was very impressed with him. We haven't done too bad with Dowell have we?

I'm not convinced warburton and his team know what's required to tighten up the defence being honest.

he also signed darikwa, Cummings and bouch. rangers fans slated mcparland for his transfer dealings. Just because warburton tells us every 2nd week that mcparland is very good doesn't mean he is.

Not every signing is going to work out it happens at all clubs ..even some spending millions on quality players and they end up being gash at that club but then move on to other clubs and are incredible for them

Remember Diego Forlan for Utd..was terrible for them but was quality before he moved to them and then after he left

It's always a gamble

However for many reasons we have had more gash than not. Usually that would be a good thing for most blokes

LyttleByLyttle - 19/12/2017 19:54

No harm in getting a loan to fill a gap if we can’t sign our primary targets.

I agree. He might fill in at left back as well. He is unlikely to break through at Chelsea so Forest might be able to sign him permanently in the summer.

insidenffc - 19/12/2017 20:54

Lewis Morgan (St Mirren) now linked with PNE.
Don't know about that but they have just signed up a Lewis Moult from Motherwell who will join them from Next season.

HaggisRed - 20/12/2017 00:03

insidenffc - 19/12/2017 20:54

Lewis Morgan (St Mirren) now linked with PNE.
Don't know about that but they have just signed up a Lewis Moult from Motherwell who will join them from Next season.

Louis Moult looks to be joining PNE in January.

Finally the window is almost upon us and id say we needed that same additions that we needed 12 months ago and still havent been sorted.

Probably a centre half, centre midfielder, left back and right winger. im still not a murphy fan but dont see much point in adding strikers :14:

We need AT least one in every department...nd they have to be automatic choice nd not more squad players...we have enough of them...if Warrby succeeds in getting these four...I see no reason why play offs are not achievable...

Warnock in the media saying its too difficult to buy players in January so he is going for 4 or 5 loans.

We have just missed out on the £75m Dick Van Dyke from Southampton. Don't know anything about him, but from watching Mary Poppins, I believe he is a sweeper.