Transfer talk - summer 2024 | Page 11 | Vital Football

Transfer talk - summer 2024

My step daughter in law who has her own finance business in Hamburg and her partner a high flyer for Vodaphone won't even contemplate buying. In Europe the trend in most countries is to rent.

Last edited:
Not when all our debts had been settled FKB.....IMO.

I dont know how many times we have to go round this one Chippy, but we didn't own the ground. We paid rent for it. Now we own the entire stadium and its surrounds, but are paying for it bit by bit. Its just different pockets in the same pair of trousers.

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2024/may/10/recruitment-restructure/ Jaime Hoyland has had a hard paper round !. Hopefully these 2 do the business. God knows we need them to pull a few rabbits out of the hat.

So we're going down the sabermetrics route. No surprise really considering Abdullah's love of all things American.

Moneyball worked for Brentford but it was a disaster for Barnsley. Even the pioneers of it in football, the Danes FC Midtjylland, are currently struggling. There's just far more to putting a successful team together than numbers.

Wilder will know that very well. We won't just be signing players purely by numbers. We will incorporate it but as part of a balanced approach. I expect us to focus on character a lot, with Wilder signing types who he knows can work with him. Availability too - minimise injury risks.

I dont know how many times we have to go round this one Chippy, but we didn't own the ground. We paid rent for it. Now we own the entire stadium and its surrounds, bu before the Prince.t are paying for it bit by bit. Its just different pockets in the same pair of trousers.
But we didn't have a mortgage and did own the ground
I dont know how many times we have to go round this one Chippy, but we didn't own the ground. We paid rent for it. Now we own the entire stadium and its surrounds, but are paying for it bit by bit. Its just different pockets in the same pair of trousers.
Every time someone tells me that Mr McCabe was/is too blame I'll refer to our
new mortgage(s). The court decided that he must buy the land....he now has but he knew the cost of doing business FKB.

Wilder will know that very well. We won't just be signing players purely by numbers. We will incorporate it but as part of a balanced approach. I expect us to focus on character a lot, with Wilder signing types who he knows can work with him. Availability too - minimise injury risks.
Reducin the injuries will surely be a priority for our Chris & the staff,as well as gettin players in & out of the club early this summer i think Herby.UTB

new mortgage(s). The court decided that he must buy the land....he now has but he knew the cost of doing business FKB.
We did own the ground till McCabe took it off us you don’t pay rent on something you own chips

I couldn't be bothered who is to blame for what. Its just a matter of two facts.

1. The club didn't own the ground and had to pay rent to McCabe for it.
2. The club does own the ground and has to pay for the mortgage.

There was never an option where the club didn't have to pay something to someone.

I couldn't be bothered who is to blame for what. Its just a matter of two facts.

1. The club didn't own the ground and had to pay rent to McCabe for it.
2. The club does own the ground and has to pay for the mortgage.

There was never an option where the club didn't have to pay something to someone.
But not a martgage of millions FKB. Tent is something you have to pay if you agrtee the deal.

Scarborough Group......Mr McCabe Bully....but you knew this all along.
Scarborough holdings isn’t Sufc m8 never has been or will be we didn’t own the ground McCabe did if McCabe left as he eventually did who ever came in had to buy the ground back

Scarborough holdings isn’t Sufc m8 never has been or will be we didn’t own the ground McCabe did if McCabe left as he eventually did who ever came in had to buy the ground back
No but they owned it all until Mr McCabe spilt it into players and the rest to sell to the Prince for £1.

I think my Curtis to L2 on loan call looks about right based on yesterday.

We need to look at this right back position and make up our minds on a few of them. We're pissing about delaying the inevitable with Seriki, Sachdev and whoever else we have there. It's time to let them go permanently. Carrying 3 or 4 young RBs who will probably never get in the team is ridiculous.

I think my Curtis to L2 on loan call looks about right based on yesterday.

We need to look at this right back position and make up our minds on a few of them. We're pissing about delaying the inevitable with Seriki, Sachdev and whoever else we have there. It's time to let them go permanently. Carrying 3 or 4 young RBs who will probably never get in the team is ridiculous.
Seriki dint get many minutes on't pitch for the Millers when on loan so that tells me he aint likely to be good enuff for us.Sachdev dint look much when i saw him in the U/21's so same as wi Seriki.Curtis came wi a good reputation so a loan could be the way to go wi perhaps league one rather than league 2 i think.UTB

Seriki dint get many minutes on't pitch for the Millers when on loan so that tells me he aint likely to be good enuff for us.Sachdev dint look much when i saw him in the U/21's so same as wi Seriki.Curtis came wi a good reputation so a loan could be the way to go wi perhaps league one rather than league 2 i think.UTB
Agree about seriki and sachdev said last week I dint think Curtis was ready and a loan would be best he is showing promise tho

I was pleased Curtis got on he now knows what to expect and levels he has to reach I’m hoping to see at least one more next week the centre half who was on the bench this week just so he knows the same