Transfer Rumours/Speculation 2020/21 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Transfer Rumours/Speculation 2020/21

Can anyone name the 7 regular Wombles without looking it up (there were also 5 frequent visitors)?

Great Uncle Bulgaria, Madame Cholet, Wellington, Tomsk, Bungy, Tobermory, Alderney and Orinoco were the main characters. (I did check it on wiki...sorry).

I have a link to the Wombles. Mike Batt who wrote the music , had a brother John, who I was good mates with in the 1990's when he worked for ICL.

Accordin to the Yorkshire live page we're bein linked with Everton's Sigurdsson,he's said to be on £100k a week.I can see this happenin Honest.:giggle: UTMPB

I saw this rumour on S2 yesterday. It appears to come from this random Norwegian bloke on Twitter:

I have no idea what that says, but 725 followers doesn't strike me as a solid source. As you say, his wages are ludicrous, and from what I saw last night, I doubt he would pass Wilder's version of the "fit and proper person" test...

I remember the announcement when he moved to Everton...

"Ronald Koeman has undergone a medical after paying £45m for Sigurdsson"
To be fair Pops i always thought he was a very decent player but for £100k a week and the thick end of a £50 million fee you'd want more than a very decent player even in these crazy money days.UTMPB

Very strange about Cantwell. Everything about that seems wrong.

Sigurdsson is a bizarre link too.

But if there's any truth in these (and Swift) it might mean we want to go back to playing with a 10 :eek:

Last edited:
My guess is all these are way off the mark and when someone does come in we’ll all be hitting google trying to find something out about them

Some of the players we were linked with in January didn't even have much about them available via Google. I had to resort to using the FIFA 20 database to check that they were real people!

We paid £23 million for BERGE and Twirlio our resident ITK-er told us he was crap and not worth a place in the squad never mind astartin place,:yes: so another Million for this kid shouldn't be too much should it.:giggle: UTMPB
Which twirlo was it I’m going to guess at negative twirlo cos positive twirlo thinks they’re all world beaters

I agree £24 million is too much

I've watched him closely over the 12 months that we've had slight links to him.

He's very raw, very exciting and is quite skilful.

But the amount of times QPR concede or almost concede because he doesn't track back with his marker when they lose the ball would make Wilder take him out on Derbyshire Moors and shoot him

He might be able to get away with being the creative goalscorer and maker at QPR, but he'd have to add a lot more to his game to play in a United team

I agree £24 million is too much

I've watched him closely over the 12 months that we've had slight links to him.

He's very raw, very exciting and is quite skilful.

But the amount of times QPR concede or almost concede because he doesn't track back with his marker when they lose the ball would make Wilder take him out on Derbyshire Moors and shoot him

He might be able to get away with being the creative goalscorer and maker at QPR, but he'd have to add a lot more to his game to play in a United team

He might also be attacked by the incredibly rare Lammergeier vulture that is currently soaring over the Peak District o_O

Eze's improving year on year and 12 goals and 8 assists is an impressive return playing in a mediocre QPR side. But in terms of positioning and workrate he'll need a lot of polish. He'd still be a better bet than the Steaua winger though.

QPR want 20 million for him. There seems to be enough interest in him they'll get close to that.