transfer rumour sounds legitimate | Vital Football

transfer rumour sounds legitimate

chopey

Vital Squad Member
I got told yesterday that we have agreed deals for Andy Carrol and Clint hill with one more big deal lined up, apparently season ticket sales are really low with loads of people choosing not to renew as well.

Gotta call bullshit on this chopey. No doubt you're posting this in good faith. Carroll is bordering on believable (not heard anything about his move to west ham despite a fee being agreed about a week ago), but Clint hill is a ludicrous suggestion, 35 years old, no better than what we have and no resale value. Total no goer that one

I'm inclined to believe this, don't know why, but just reckon this sounds like a classic Ashley/Pardew move, expect more English in with the departures of quality like Ben Arfa and Cabaye. We're more likely to finish mid table for the next 8 years without flirting with relegation with a team of yard dogs who can play the Pardew way. Great fucking times ahead.

We all know that very few rumours, probably 1 in 100 are true but the continual Carroll talk is a ploy by the regime to keep certain fans hooked.

They have this infatuation that we see the transfer as some sort of return of the prodigal son, when the reality is that it's as tedious as sin. Im sick of it.

He had his chance here and left. The story should end there.

And no doubt tooney if he were to return, they would play up the "return of the prodigal son" angle like crazy, fact is though, many would buy it as a sign of "ambition" from the club, already seeing the crap on other forums about how "we" would be making a profit in transfer funds if he were to return, the club have some corners of the fan base eating out of their hands

One problem we have, is being a goal threat from corners, so we need some sort of powerful striker. Or even a defender that doesn't wimp out of a goal challenge, might help here too. Or both.
And really, we need to increase the English head-count, as its only just on the edge of what is allowed. And the only English players worth having in your squad, are those in or close to the England set-up, and that comes at a cost.
I wouldn't be surprised at all, to see Carroll back here, as he's probably the only one we could tempt to the club.

Toon_NoMatterWot - 27/5/2013 11:15

We all know that very few rumours, probably 1 in 100 are true but the continual Carroll talk is a ploy by the regime to keep certain fans hooked.

They have this infatuation that we see the transfer as some sort of return of the prodigal son, when the reality is that it's as tedious as sin. Im sick of it.

He had his chance here and left. The story should end there.

Carroll has signed a three yr deal, who is Clint Hill, son of Benny ?

CockneyMagic - 27/5/2013 15:21

Carroll has signed a three yr deal, who is Clint Hill, son of Benny ?

Has he CM? Nothing on BBC or sky sports about it (which are usually the most reliable sources). As for clint hill he's a Centre back currently at QPR (Although he may be about to be released... not sure). Dunno if he's the son of benny hill, but you've just given me the great image of pardew chasing a group of women round SJP with the benny hill theme tune playing.

Clint Hill? Anyone would think this is a retirement home.

Instead of going for a former striker and an old striker, we may as well get both in one package.

How about a cheeky bid for Shefki Kuqi?

Actually, I was thinking about little Mickey. He's on a free.......retired of course, but still better than what we have now. Nothing, and Ameobi, to partner Cisse.

Carroll?? How the fuck can we compete with massive clubs like west ham?

"Anyone heard jay spearing 2.5m! Hahaha"

Anyone heard of "nothing happening until the new season starts ? Fatman doesnt trust Pardwho so wants to see how existing squad does in the first few games before the window ends" ?