Transfer rumors | Page 334 | Vital Football

Transfer rumors

Whatever happened to Iheanacho? At Man City he looked to have loads of potential....perhaps we could borrow him from Leicester in the last few months?

Talk in media that Forest are talking to Newcastle about Gayle, he is on £60k a week. Also Cuypers. Both loans. Cuypers is on a lot less and with a view to buy. Fancy Cuypers may go ahead as is low risk whilst Gayle may upset wage structure. A proven striker from Europe plus Cuypers on the cards?

Gayle is a prick and on double what we can afford. Plus, is he that effective in the lone role up top?

Cuypers hasn't played anywhere near our level before but done well. Certainly worth taking a punt, but I wouldn't take one on him alone.

Mir is proving himself to be exactly what I said he was after my first few glimpses of watching him - a poor man's Vellios.

I saw glimpses of something with Mir on Sunday. He was making the runs into the channels and got a few chances. He might be the sort that needs one to go in off his shin / knee / backside to get him going.
Don't get me wrong, I don't feel he is going to suddenly be prolific, but I feel he could be useful and if grabban gets injured, imperative in the short term.

I saw glimpses of something with Mir on Sunday. He was making the runs into the channels and got a few chances. He might be the sort that needs one to go in off his shin / knee / backside to get him going.
Don't get me wrong, I don't feel he is going to suddenly be prolific, but I feel he could be useful and if grabban gets injured, imperative in the short term.

I agree. He has the look of a guy who is down on confidence and snatched at his two chances. Am not suggesting he starts but will benefit from playing until one goes in off backside.

How can he put in a performance like that and people turn aroudn and say he has promise? Thats pathetic, he looked absolute dog shit and i cant imagine he gets another start

He got into places to score but clearly lacked belief he'd score, if grabban god forbid gets injured he's about our only option he'd need an early goal to maybe become a useful replacement.

At least we won't be losing Lolley in January. :cautious:
Anyone thinks that his value is still 20 million? .... that is why it is wise to cash in when players r at their peak....especially players with an average history...that peak might be just temporary...being average is the norm...

As well as Walker on loan at Lincoln, Forest have both Gomis and Sodeinde out on loan to national league sides. Johnson regularly plays for u23’s yet trains with first team squad and increasingly is on the bench. Johnson more often than not plays an attacking midfield role, these days. U 23’s rotate strikers but Swan is increasingly catching the eye. None of these strikers, I would suggest, is ready for championship action, though Walker and Johnson are close. Surely a dip in to the transfer market for one or two strikers to support Grabban has to be on the cards. Grabban is surely coming towards the end of his career. An astute move now could set us up for next decade with potential on line.

As well as Walker on loan at Lincoln, Forest have both Gomis and Sodeinde out on loan to national league sides. Johnson regularly plays for u23’s yet trains with first team squad and increasingly is on the bench. Johnson more often than not plays an attacking midfield role, these days. U 23’s rotate strikers but Swan is increasingly catching the eye. None of these strikers, I would suggest, is ready for championship action, though Walker and Johnson are close. Surely a dip in to the transfer market for one or two strikers to support Grabban has to be on the cards. Grabban is surely coming towards the end of his career. An astute move now could set us up for next decade with potential on line.

Swan was always a midfielder, unless they now deploy him upfront?