Transfer Plans | Page 2 | Vital Football

Transfer Plans

Ashley and co. do not care less about the footballing side to this club and never have done. They will do the bare minimum to keep the club in the premier league to get all that TV money. It's all about Shite Direct and always will be. Ashley's intentions were clear when Keegan left, proved to be a liar in court and still a liar now.

If we are saying that The Journal's the clubs mouthpiece then where better to gauge the fans opinions than in the local rag. Tomorrows headlines will be `we done most of our transfer business in January'. The club is going absolutely nowhere under Ashley so save yourself some heartache and money and just give it up now.

Ultimately anything that closely resembles a good summer recruitment drive will be a pleasnat surprise. Most of us on here are setting ourselves up to avoid disappoint, by calling bullshit on early reports, and expecting a summer of spin, "failed transfer bids", pardew saying "we couldn't get it over the line" and our top players leaving the club. And sadly we'll probably be proved right.

It's difficult to know what to believe. 99% of what we read is just false rumour. Newspapers have to sell stories but I wonder how they come up with the stories about who we are linked with? Most could see sense in getting rid of fringe players who contribute nowt to the side but make up the numbers but our showing since January and final league position hardly suggests that our January purchases did the trick.

I'm doing what I did last summer and just ignoring every story about transfers. In particular, anything coming out of the club.

I'm liking how Simpson and Harper are leaving, but they've effectively stated they are not replacing them by saying we're only getting in a central defender and forward. Add to that Perch leaving, and the club open to offers for Williamson and Gosling, it's going to be the thinnest of thin squads.

This means we'll have to follow our FA Cup strategy of the last few years of tamely going out in the early rounds.

Nowhere yet, but they have put enough stories out to make it known he's for sale. Great motivational work there if by some chance he doesn't get a move away.

I'd think they'd be odds on for relegation if we only bring two players in and stick with pardew.