Transfer Deadline Day Thread! | Page 9 | Vital Football

Transfer Deadline Day Thread!

Pleased with the signing. I wonder if it is in compensation of taking Walker. The bit of experience I was looking for in midfield. But jeez are we loan heavy now, possibly loan to a signing deal? as can;t see Notts forest playing next season

Good to get some experience in the squad and into midfield.

Have to say though that centre-mid was probably the last position I thought we needed signings for - something we seem to have been saying since the start of the season.

I now make this Bridcutt, Morrell, Coventry, Edun, Chapman, Frecklington and Pett for most probably 2 positions.

You really do have to think that Appleton rates Pett and Frecklington about as highly as we rate Drewe Broughton or Steve Torpey. Surely they'll be having a mutual consent deal put in front of them in the next couple of weeks?

Good to get some experience in the squad and into midfield.

Have to say though that centre-mid was probably the last position I thought we needed signings for - something we seem to have been saying since the start of the season.

I now make this Bridcutt, Morrell, Coventry, Edun, Chapman, Frecklington and Pett for most probably 2 positions.

You really do have to think that Appleton rates Pett and Frecklington about as highly as we rate Drewe Broughton or Steve Torpey. Surely they'll be having a mutual consent deal put in front of them in the next couple of weeks?
Knock out the last 3 in your equation and that makes it a bit lighter.

It's a big shame in both cases. I think Pett and something to offer before the season kicked off.

A "mutual consent" deal would be no good to either of them unless it is today. They would have to be de-registered before the deadline to play for anyone else during this season.

It's a big shame in both cases. I think Pett and something to offer before the season kicked off.

A "mutual consent" deal would be no good to either of them unless it is today. They would have to be de-registered before the deadline to play for anyone else during this season.
Appleton has talked about frecklington getting back to fitness, and getting into the training again. when he has talked about players free to go and get games elsewhere, can't remember him mentioning freck. he has mentioned payne though.

Next week’s would have to be a free agent permanent wouldn’t it? I guess look out for interesting unattached late releases?

Appleton has talked about frecklington getting back to fitness, and getting into the training again. when he has talked about players free to go and get games elsewhere, can't remember him mentioning freck. he has mentioned payne though.

79imp mentioned it as a possibility..... not me......

Lincs Live suggesting that Bridcutt will start at Southend; not unless we signed and registered him before midday, and it doesn't sound like we did.