Tranmere getting worried? | Vital Football

Tranmere getting worried?

Kentishimp

Vital Squad Member
Their forum comments on last night.

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/boards/read/s383.htm?730,15879089

Some very complimentary fans from Tranmere. Some hoping our backlog plays into their hands, can't blame them for that.

Seems fair. I do worry about our fixture pile up a little bit especially when you consider the intensity we play with !

The Electric Banana - 18/1/2017 13:40

I love the comment about "If Lincoln had a striker, they would be well out in front". I'm I missing something?

I think they mean if we had a Ricky Miller. Then though would we stop getting goals from the rest of the team? I like it we are not overly reliant on 1 player.

Without being negative (although being an IMP for so long it's hard not to look on the black side sometimes), I am a little concerned these extra games will finally take a toll somewhere. I am fully aware the Cowleys are masters of getting things done in minute detail, I just hope the squad can last and cope with these extra games. The league is obviously the priority and extra cash will help safeguard any possible problems with injuries and tiredness, but it still concerns me. Who would have thought this sort of problem could potentially happen a few months ago?

Impish - 18/1/2017 14:25

Without being negative (although being an IMP for so long it's hard not to look on the black side sometimes), I am a little concerned these extra games will finally take a toll somewhere. I am fully aware the Cowleys are masters of getting things done in minute detail, I just hope the squad can last and cope with these extra games. The league is obviously the priority and extra cash will help safeguard any possible problems with injuries and tiredness, but it still concerns me. Who would have thought this sort of problem could potentially happen a few months ago?

I genuinely think the Cowleys can deal with anything thrown at them. Their sides at Braintree and Concord got stronger as the season went on, and I think Cowley has even said that is what will happen here. I cant wait for those games to come thick and fast - enjoy it while it lasts!

Look at Braintree last year - weren't they P/T. They had a shocking backlog because ofpostponements etc & I really thought it would stop them getting to the POs. it obviously didn't because they were well managed, etc.

In answer to some of the comments on the Tranmere forum, re: the Cowleys being in the shop window again in the manager job market.

When hinted at on TV after the match by Michael Hortin Danny replied "not that again? for the 95th time we're not going anywhere. We're here for the ride"

To quote their father on Radio Lincolnshire, "they are absolutely loving it here" think that speaks volumes.

A club is for life

To be fair, looking around forums, everyone has been hugely complimentary. Even Boston and Grimsby (16 pages?!) have commented.

I think with Whitehouse, Howe, Ward being cup-tied in one of the cups will help. Only slight concern is up front. Could do with another striker IMO. One area that DC said he'd like to address, which hasn't been yet. Sorted Long and Ward (short term) out, so we're still on the look out.

Can't see Braintree's fixture back-log from last season and their results on their OS.

Luke Imp - 18/1/2017 17:15

To be fair, looking around forums, everyone has been hugely complimentary. Even Boston and Grimsby (16 pages?!) have commented.

I think with Whitehouse, Howe, Ward being cup-tied in one of the cups will help. Only slight concern is up front. Could do with another striker IMO. One area that DC said he'd like to address, which hasn't been yet. Sorted Long and Ward (short term) out, so we're still on the look out.

Can't see Braintree's fixture back-log from last season and their results on their OS.

Ward isn't cup tied for the FA Cup. He wasn't signed before the first Ipswich game so couldn't play last night. Can't play against Brighton but will be ok for the 5th round game.