Trains next season. | Vital Football

Trains next season.

Trains are the way to go.
Ask Newton Abbot Chris :typical Saturday leaves Newton Abbot at around 7am on a Saturday arriving at approx 13.25 Lincoln Central.
Post match gets on the 17.25 Lincoln Central (our normal train) and gets home around 2300.
Chris loves trains too.
Best way to travel: as Jimmy Saville said "let the train take the strain"........plenty of strain if we have got beaten at home!

Trains are the way to go.
Ask Newton Abbot Chris :typical Saturday leaves Newton Abbot at around 7am on a Saturday arriving at approx 13.25 Lincoln Central.
Post match gets on the 17.25 Lincoln Central (our normal train) and gets home around 2300.
Chris loves trains too.
Best way to travel: as Jimmy Saville said "let the train take the strain"........plenty of strain if we have got beaten at home!

Plenty of strain on the wallet I suspect !

The Savile "This is the Age of the train" was much earlier.

Just to think that us taxpayers via his BBC salary paid for his opulent lifestyle of cigar smoking and quaffing champagne and that`s when he wasn`t doing his nasty work, all under the eye of his employer who failed to deal with celebrity status.
BBC management .......an utter disgrace.

Lincoln loco all set for Sunderland 3000 imps on board.

couldn`t resist it........turn volume up on pc to get full effect
look closely for Dorrian in driver`s cab.....blackened face smiling to camera.

Trains can be a 'mare, just make sure you can get direct connections if possible. There is nothing worse than finding your stop at Newark, for instance, has you schlepping over from Castle to North Gate (especially on a cold December evening).

Seems wherever I'm going the trips will be about 1h 30min from London - and thanks to our brilliant network it will take as long to get to Wycombe as it will to Doncaster...

Trains can be a 'mare, just make sure you can get direct connections if possible. There is nothing worse than finding your stop at Newark, for instance, has you schlepping over from Castle to North Gate (especially on a cold December evening).

Seems wherever I'm going the trips will be about 1h 30min from London - and thanks to our brilliant network it will take as long to get to Wycombe as it will to Doncaster...

Done that Newark slog hundreds of times and in the p1ssing rain and snow after we have been beaten it`s toilet and the only consolation is the chippy near the station.
When are these direct london/lincoln links going to start,don`t they realise we are now league 1!............not non league.

Done that Newark slog hundreds of times and in the p1ssing rain and snow after we have been beaten it`s toilet and the only consolation is the chippy near the station.
When are these direct london/lincoln links going to start,don`t they realise we are now league 1!............not non league.

Think there’s more direct services later this year, although not sure if that includes weekends.

Think there’s more direct services later this year, although not sure if that includes weekends.

All eyes on LNER - I think I read somewhere that demand is not a problem it just depends if they can be arsed to get more of their hybrid Azuma trains operating. Meanwhile, the Chinese have just tested a 375mph maglev...

It was a big mistake getting rid of the Lincoln - Grantham line, the facilities were 10 fold better at Grantham!

I've not even bothered renewing my Railcard yet. I suppose I really should do over the next few days!

I suggest a slight detour via Appleton Gate and a drying off period in the Fox and Crown.