Training Ground latest | Page 2 | Vital Football

Training Ground latest

Perhaps FarmerImp is taking a well earned holiday prior to harvest. About time for one of his updates though.
Dead right Berksimps, I am taking in the sights of Crete!??

For everyone’s info I’ve not been asked to be involved in the TG works for some some. However re the pitches, they’ve not been ‘ripped up’ they’ve simply had the same treatment as the stadium pitch and had the top cm removed, more sand spread and reseeded. This is through normal wear and tear of being trained on and used during the week. Most of the work done is nothing more than annual maintenance and will probably be done every year. Only extra work done to the above was 2 of the pitches and training grids have had some more sand and gravel slits cut in to help water perculation.

Further to another post on here about the field being wet in constructing the TG, the only area was in the corner next to the A15/Welton Lane junction and that was through machinery turning and lifting the shallots when it was wet, a few months before work started to turn it from an arable field to the TG. Don’t forget the field is free draining soil with only 8” of Sandy loam soil before you get to pure limestone so only reason for standing water is compaction which is easy and cheap to rectify.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
My neighbour liked 'grass' so much that he grew some in his extension, and ended up with a six month 'free' holiday ! :confused:
My next door neighbour has removed his garage door and panelled it off, installing a small entrance door (looks like a bloody beach hut now) and boarded up the side window. I hope it's to make a games room for the kids and not what I'm really thinking.:(

My next door neighbour has removed his garage door and panelled it off, installing a small entrance door (looks like a bloody beach hut now) and boarded up the side window. I hope it's to make a games room for the kids and not what I'm really thinking.:(

Don't worry - arsehole landlords generally don't live anywhere near the poor people they shamelessly exploit.