Training Ground latest | Vital Football

Training Ground latest

Newporter

Vital Youth Team
Drive past the training ground on my way to work, so it is good to check up on progress. Looks like the work needed at the front of the building, ( car park, fencing etc) is being done. There's a lot of orange jacketed folk around and looks like tarmac is being laid. Just in time for the start of pre-season.

I also see they have ripped up one of the pitches too. Could have done with some of that lucious turf for my lawn.

Slight drainage issue I think I read.

Shurely shome mishtake?

[IMG]https://1164741873.rsc.cdn77.org/data/avatars/m/10/10589.jpg?1523560919[/IMG]
Farmer Imp
Vital Youth Team
May 1, 2018
UnbelievableJeff said:
Could you talk me through the drainage and soil mix please? Also what sort of turf are you using. Stadium turf or more harder wearing turf.

Lateral drains will be 5m centres linked into one main drain linked into a attenuation pond but as the site is relativly free draining anyway the site will drain very well. It will be seeded not turfed.

Obviously we need to wait for FarmerImp's updates, but if its correct we're digging up the pitches, and tarmac is still to be done and who knows what other work, then hope this doesn't disappoint Danny - the training ground being done was a big condition of his, as is finding some major new investment.
If we fail on both of those, then we shouldn't be surprised if Derby or whichever club comes along next makes an offer Danny can't refuse. We did the same to Braintree remember (and they did the same to Concord...).

Last edited:
No I'm busy buffing my "what an insufferable smart-arse he is dragging quotes out from years ago just to make a point no-one cares about" persona, although it's pretty finely honed already there's always room for improvement! :)

Ha! Good point. I think it's fair to say that particular persona is especially popular on here.

Mentioned a bit back by Mr Davidson one of the pitches needed some remedial work doing, probably the first one laid as it was turfed as opposed to seeded probably causing the drainage issue? Dunno.

Mentioned a bit back by Mr Davidson one of the pitches needed some remedial work doing, probably the first one laid as it was turfed as opposed to seeded probably causing the drainage issue? Dunno.

I know before they started work on the Training Ground that corner of the field was very wet, maybe under estimated what drainage was needed.