Traffic on Saturday | Vital Football

Traffic on Saturday

Man with Dog

Vital Youth Team
Does any one know the cause of the traffic chaos on Saturday, and if it’s going to be going on for any length of time ?

Does any one know the cause of the traffic chaos on Saturday, and if it’s going to be going on for any length of time ?
Went down the canal this morning, road surfacing from the traffic lights bottom of Beech Hill up to Martland Mill.

Who authorised the work yesterday when there was a football match on? Someone should get a bollocking at Wigan Council tomorrow morning.

Complete shambles. Believe it was Road works on Red Robin entrance. In the DW era the police used to control traffic to clear fans quickly. Doubt that happen again at the moment with police cuts. But if the club were paying like they do for possible fan trouble maybe we could get it back
We need to know if it will be the same on Tuesday and next Saturday

Even the rat run through Asda was bunged up with traffic.
It is normally much quicker than getting through the queues at the two sets of lights before the saddle

Even the rat run through Asda was bunged up with traffic.
It is normally much quicker than getting through the queues at the two sets of lights before the saddle
Glad that I didn't use the rat run, I sit in the South Stand and park on the arena car park, whichever exit I take be it the Red Robin one or the Asda one there is no thought given to any priority for traffic coming from the stadium , the pinch point at the Burger King roundabout is awful even though I come off 5 mins early, The Red Robin lights only let 6 cars through at a time.

Glad that I didn't use the rat run, I sit in the South Stand and park on the arena car park, whichever exit I take be it the Red Robin one or the Asda one there is no thought given to any priority for traffic coming from the stadium , the pinch point at the Burger King roundabout is awful even though I come off 5 mins early, The Red Robin lights only let 6 cars through at a time.

It would be simple to sort out the pinch point at the Burger King roundabout by sending retail park traffic out of the secondary exit for an hour on match days to maintain the flow up to the lights. Temporary barriers could be set up or traffic lights installed.

We park on the Arena as well and find if we go into Whelans or Supporters club for half an hour at the end of the game for one drink, we arrive home not much later than leaving at the end and sitting in the traffic queues.

And yet you persist in your interventions...the mere mention of rugby and it's like rubbing the lamp and poof with an explosion of blue smoke up pops the fucking genie to presumably grant us 3 wishes. Well I can't speak for anyone else but all 3 of mine would be you do one and stop boring the tits of us all.

Finally this is a Tics forum for Tics fans to discuss whatever they want including rugby without you appointing yourself as the defender of the faith. This is coming from me, who is not anti-Wigan rugby and who has watched them probably longer than you have existed and who has already bought Penrith tickets.

It would be simple to sort out the pinch point at the Burger King roundabout by sending retail park traffic out of the secondary exit for an hour on match days to maintain the flow up to the lights. Temporary barriers could be set up or traffic lights installed.
Sounds like a good solution and maybe programme the lights to let a good number of cars through.

Vary rarely use the route you gentleman are discussing, though on occasion it is indeed hard work post match. At most clubs there is usually temporarily traffic management in place to filter out a large number of vehicles and avoid the scenario described. Unsure why something similar can’t be implemented at Wigan for Saturday fixtures.