Toxic Masculinity - Danny Dyer | Vital Football

Toxic Masculinity - Danny Dyer

mike_field

Vital Football Legend
Couldn't stand him for years with his act, but I've warmed to his cockney bollocks lately so thought I'd give it a try. A very good, very balanced look across the whole topic as it is now a thing - and goes past the wanky cocks who shout because they haven't grown up yet (ie Andrew Twat and his waste of air followers). It's a 1 of 2 but that was promising.

I felt deeply for that one dad, and Dyer was right in pointing out the real issues here are far beyond dumb men and women wanting to make a point - it's about the entire system, support, and nobody of note is addressing it. I will add, this is now further confused (when it shouldn't be) by the trans debate, but all we hear is extremes, not sensible chats.

This country apparently values free speech (doesn't exist, our laws not Europe), so why is it the self invested, self entitled, ***** have the platform and we listen to them? Even Chris Witty has said today it's about time people talk, but are open to listening.

Anyway: I did the same test he did.

Toxic Masculinity Test

Results:​

YouPopulation Average
Result chart

This makes you:

• 15.77% more prone to deceitfulness and arrogance than the average person.
  • 47.69% more disposed to anger than the average person.
  • 3.57% more heteronormative than the average person.
  • 9.56% less homophobic than the average person.
  • 14.62% more prone to toxic masculinity than the average person overall.
You can all make of that what you will lol I know the flaws in the questions, and I know the question that got me 17% homo for example, but some of the others amaze me.

Some of the questions are bizarre, especially around being angrier than others, using flattery as a device etc. I’m highly skeptical that these are revealing “masculine” traits at all. Anger, manipulation, gaslighting and controlling behaviours are not the preserve of a given gender.

I actually believe there’s far too much negativity around men and the fact that suicide rates are high is cause for concern. I think a lot of men are lost and have little inspiration from the left so are falling foul of utter ***** like Andrew Tate.

One wonders if there is a toxic female test or perhaps I should try put this test 🤔

I had a look at this test.

An early question was....

A man is weak if he does nothing if he is pushed around?

So you would answer yes and you would get classed as toxic.

Fuck off. Actually fuck right off. And fuck off again and again. And then fuck off again.

Breeding a society of spineless gimps.

One wonders if there is a toxic female test or perhaps I should try put this test 🤔

I couldn't see one on there lol

Given it seems Pangy and others also quickly saw the problems I had with the test, I imagine if there was a female test, it would be skewed to suit a desired outcome as well.

We all know there is a problem, but again overblowing it for effect is counterproductive - and surveys like that will do nothing but drive division that makes the problem even worse.

Be interesting to see how the programme finishes off, as said I found it very balanced - not downplaying serious problems associated with a 'few', but also pointing out it's not every single bloke out there as some would have you believe, and being an arsewipe is not just a masculine problem.

I once held a door open for a woman and she had a go at me, calling me sexist. I was too gobsmacked to respond, by the time I had gathered my thoughts she was gone.
Nowadays I don't hold doors open for women I don't know, I'm too scared. I still hold em open for blokes obviously.

This was back in 1990's by the way, the world has been going downhill ever since. I honestly think I was born at least 40 years too late. I used to like being a gentleman for the short time I could safely be one.

Now I am a toxic masculinist or whatever it is.

I once held a door open for a woman and she had a go at me, calling me sexist. I was too gobsmacked to respond, by the time I had gathered my thoughts she was gone.
Nowadays I don't hold doors open for women I don't know, I'm too scared. I still hold em open for blokes obviously.

This was back in 1990's by the way, the world has been going downhill ever since. I honestly think I was born at least 40 years too late. I used to like being a gentleman for the short time I could safely be one.

Now I am a toxic masculinist or whatever it is.

You'd be horrified if you did that survey then mate.

Just did but closed before saving. Deceipt was 63%!! That was the highest one.

Proves everything I thought, definitely not a genuine survey.

Deceipt isn't even a word, how dare they accuse you of being a high scorer in their invented category. I'd have a word with your mates and get them investigated.

If you're holding doors open for blokes only, they probably accused you of being a homo as well - some people just have manners, it shouldn't be picked on.

I am actually hugely impressed by that having now watched the 2nd Ep.

Incredibly balanced, started with the arseholes and moved onto the real topic, and the efforts that are already being undertaken to help - but aren't publicised because it doesn't suit the media narrative, when in fact it's better than the forced stories they focus on.

It's rare I watch something like this and don't end up angry (my toxic side apparently and I suitably kick the dogs, the kids, the missus and a random in the street, along with a non-existent cat) - and whilst there were bits I disagreed with, half of them I disagreed with until I remembered what I was like when younger (and maybe a little drunk).

I liked how it pointed out being competitive isn't toxic, but men and women compete in different ways - I'm just really impressed.

I am actually hugely impressed by that having now watched the 2nd Ep.

Incredibly balanced, started with the arseholes and moved onto the real topic, and the efforts that are already being undertaken to help - but aren't publicised because it doesn't suit the media narrative, when in fact it's better than the forced stories they focus on.

It's rare I watch something like this and don't end up angry (my toxic side apparently and I suitably kick the dogs, the kids, the missus and a random in the street, along with a non-existent cat) - and whilst there were bits I disagreed with, half of them I disagreed with until I remembered what I was like when younger (and maybe a little drunk).

I liked how it pointed out being competitive isn't toxic, but men and women compete in different ways - I'm just really impressed.
I'm obviously more tolerant than you lot. Who'd a thought it.😁

Damn there were some dumb fucking questions in that thing. Is money important to me? Yes. Is quality stuff important to me? Yes. Would I steal $1m if I'd never be caught? 100%. Does someone who doesn't standup for themselves look weak? 9/10 yes!

Weird.

Also anger as an emotion is not inherently bad. I do think its strange how they chose to position some of this.

toxic-masculinity