Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford FC - The Golden Boys | Page 11 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford FC - The Golden Boys

I still stand by Llorente being absolute brick by the way.

One goal doesn’t really change it

Fecking cold last night, poor atmosphere and a poor attendence (not sure how many made the effort).

Dire game in first half, POch got his subs right and we rightly dfeserved to win - but feck, it was close.

Llorente could have had a hat-trick, and if he does get a touch of luck then the floodgates might open for him, but that said at times his touch is absolutely dreadful.

Enough said about Lloris - his head is up his arse at times. Oh and Danny is close to being back to his best and Aurier was a passenger - he seems to be going backwards.

Well done Moura, made a big effort.

Lamela has to go.

I still stand by Llorente being absolute brick by the way.

One goal doesn’t really change it

I would partly agree with you, but last night was a rare occasion when he has shown desire to be first to the ball, keep it for more than a second, while showing skill in possession to give himself a yard and attempt forward passes. A step in the right direction. But irrespective of his goal I still await an improvement in the finishing aspect of his game.

Fecking cold last night, poor atmosphere and a poor attendence (not sure how many made the effort).

Dire game in first half, POch got his subs right and we rightly dfeserved to win - but feck, it was close.

Llorente could have had a hat-trick, and if he does get a touch of luck then the floodgates might open for him, but that said at times his touch is absolutely dreadful.

Enough said about Lloris - his head is up his arse at times. Oh and Danny is close to being back to his best and Aurier was a passenger - he seems to be going backwards.

Lamela has to go.

Serge is a player that I think needs a run of games to get into gear

He won’t get it so he won’t ever really get the improvement that I think is in him

We need a rb in despite having 3 on the books

Llorente was a donkey last night, I urge you to watch the 2 misses if you haven’t all ready.

His terrible control actually assisted the Son goal.

He’s complete lack of pace is the real issue.

I agree with you about Brooks he looks a proper player. I hope we’ll be making a bid come the summer, £15m plus Lamela.
I think Lamela would enjoy the sea air Brookes is everything he was supposed to be. Kane would LOVE playing with him. Him and Bissaka and a DM player are all priorities.

Lamela has to go.

Llorente's stats. 6 games started, 2 each in both cups and now 2 in the league. 11 sub appearances. He's actually managed 6 goals and 2 assists this season.

My opinion is that beggars can't be choosers on this one. Whether he works hard or not, we'll always be talking about goals he scores or goals he misses. He will always be a threat if the other players get tuned into his style. He's involved in some good areas.

There was an incremental improvement game to game on both his touch and the frequency of crosses coming in. Rose is starting to get it, ditto with Toby in the right hand channel. By the second half, Rose was also getting it and throwing some balls in the box. Unfortunately, Trippier passed up his first 5 opportunities to cross it after Sissoko had done really well. More frustration from Trips unfortunately.

Important thing now is to get Llorente and Son fit for the next game. Both looked they were cramping up badly at the end.

Serge is a player that I think needs a run of games to get into gear

He won’t get it so he won’t ever really get the improvement that I think is in him

We need a rb in despite having 3 on the books

Llorente was a donkey last night, I urge you to watch the 2 misses if you haven’t all ready.

His terrible control actually assisted the Son goal.

He’s complete lack of pace is the real issue.

I only saw the misses at the game - and they looked very poor, will watch the highlights later to see if they were as bad as they looked at the time.

That said, he got us over the line by not giving up and that deserves a round of applause as a few last night for long periods seemed to have their brains somewhere else.

I only saw the misses at the game - and they looked very poor, will watch the highlights later to see if they were as bad as they looked at the time.

That said, he got us over the line by not giving up and that deserves a round of applause as a few last night for long periods seemed to have their brains somewhere else.
To be fair the team does not play to his strength sometimes

When Llorente scored everyone celebrated with passion. You could see what it meant to win the game. This team care, they are fighting . The game was torture for me, so frustrating. We outplayed them in both halves, of course more so the second. We seem to have the spirit and determination, togetherness and some players who are a little off their best. If they can click we should get top 4. Eriksen, Tripps, Moura, Lamela, Dier, Lloris , Llorente all can do better.

Took a peep at the score as I left work (stateside) yesterday...ugh, down 0-1.
My UK based cousins (a goon, a chav and a Toffee) were all commenting (on WhatsApp) about how the games were going (not about the previous day's Goon or Toffee games, they had already gotten the results they wanted!). One comment from my (older) chav fan cuz went like this - "I'm done with football, I'm too old for this stuff!!" - I'd have said as much too if my team was getting stuffed 4-0 by Bournemouth! :ooops: . My gooner cuz said "my cuz from across the pond is probably not too happy either". I took this to mean the result was in and we lost. I get in, turn the telly on, I see that the highlights of the match are about to begin, and I contemplate forgoing the agony, but a little voice in the back of my head said, go check the score...so I did and nearly hit my head on the ceiling from jumping so high (if you could see me, you'd know how improbable that is). So I settle down to watch the highlights (on Sky - don't ask), and was beaming all the way through. :rotfl:

Now, putting my evaluation hat on I'll first say, this wasn't the Watford that beat us earlier in the season, they seemed a bit toothless. We did pile the pressure on them, but that was as much to do with them sitting back and inviting that pressure on to themselves. They weren't too active on the break either. Deeney's always a handful but Sanchez is, if nothing else, a strong lad and kind of snuffed out any threat from him, for the most part.

Llorente's misses, slow pace/no pace is all forgiven and I saw a little bit of eff-you to the fans in his post goal celebration (don't blame him, we are selectively horrible to members of our club).

Son's goal, Moura's performance, Sissoko's steadiness big positives (Rose gets a piece too!).
Now to welcome a buoyed Toon and deflate them - COYS!

It's easy to score when you are pi--ing all over the opposition i.e. Mansfield,so forget Llorente's hat-trick there.But to score the winning goals in the last minute against Fulham & Watford shows he has cojones del toro! He'll do for me as he has won us 6 points.Now let's all get behind him & support our team, you bunch of old moaners.

It's easy to score when you are pi--ing all over the opposition i.e. Mansfield,so forget Llorente's hat-trick there.But to score the winning goals in the last minute against Fulham & Watford shows he has cojones del toro! He'll do for me as he has won us 6 points.Now let's all get behind him & support our team, you bunch of old moaners.
He only scored for Fulham, Greavsie

:thumbup:

Eriksen needs taken off corners. Apart from that job complete second half great pressure well deserved.

I can't get over how any player, let alone Eriksen cannot cross a static ball or on the run.
I've said it before...I'm 52 years old and can land a ball at head height on your melon, or to be volleyed at waist height, from a corner or free kick (with left or right foot), even after a few JD's.
These guys are professionals FFS and get paid squillions. The most I was ever paid in my youth was approx $70 per game + goal bonus. A long way short of Eriksens so called underpaid salary.

I'd imagine the defenders he's up against might be better at cutting crosses out than whoever you played against, but he is remarkably poor.

Also not scored a fk in donkeys. Still a great player but seems he's neglected his set pieces.

I'd imagine the defenders he's up against might be better at cutting crosses out than whoever you played against, but he is remarkably poor.

Also not scored a fk in donkeys. Still a great player but seems he's neglected his set pieces.

since 2015 in the Prem I think.