Tottenham Hotspur vs. Southampton FC (The Saints) | Page 13 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Southampton FC (The Saints)

Man every time I watch Newcastle I CAN NOT believe that they beat us.

The first goal is always the opener against these park the bus teams and that first goal from Leicester was what these teams hate and can't seem to deal with , a player who runs right at them and takes them on.

Park the bus teams love the side to side and backwards passing that goes on in front of them , they just shuffle about from side to side whilst nothing really happens in front of them.

Last edited:
The first goal is always the opener against these park the bus teams and that first goal from Leicester was what these teams hate and can't seem to deal with , a player who runs right at them and takes them on.

Park the bus teams love the side to side and backwards passing that goes on in front of them , they just shuffle about from side to side whilst nothing really happens in front of them.
Chiv I'm on the record of saying I think he is overrated but that Zaha is Exactly the player we should buy, almost specifically for the scenarios you outline. He would turn games like this for us. There must be some accommodation we can make with players plus cash for him.

Paddy , I havent gone back over all the posts but I gather you went to the game yesterday at the new stadium .
Well pleased for you , sounds like you had a great day . Well done . Game looked good on the half an hour sky highlights that I saw . I like the way Ndombele is settling in .
Really pleased for you mate
thanks Walthy, i was there. loved the Lane but this feels like overwhelming progress, 26,000 more fans at every match. Levy just needs to rebuild the High Road, open up a Tube station and a giant car park now. Ndombele looked the part, and Sonny was on fire the first half, played a big hand in both goals. Will have to do that tour you did one day - and let us know when you do an abseil from level 5 onto the pitch!

Deflection of blame as he did with Aurier to an extent. Hugo is a world class world cup winning keeper , he screwed up, seriously if he does it again , I give up even trying to appreciate him.

Thank you. It's obvious he's deflecting.

He also clearly said "when you play this way sometimes mistakes happen" ie when the demand is to play out from the back, occasionally your keeper or defender gets caught. He's obviously not saying he explicitly tells Hugo to Cruyff turn an onrushing attacker.

I know some stuff gets lost in translation with Poch but this wasn't a tricky one to decode ffs.

Man every time I watch Newcastle I CAN NOT believe that they beat us.

Chiv I'm on the record of saying I think he is overrated but that Zaha is Exactly the player we should buy, almost specifically for the scenarios you outline. He would turn games like this for us. There must be some accommodation we can make with players plus cash for him.

Newc defenders will tell you that playing a Spurs team with Lamela as their best player, is like playing against a team pissing in the wind – they’ve never had such an easy afternoon. It is the short-sighted among us who cannot see the value of someone like Zaha in our squad.

Newc defenders will tell you that playing a Spurs team with Lamela as their best player, is like playing against a team pissing in the wind – they’ve never had such an easy afternoon. It is the short-sighted among us who cannot see the value of someone like Zaha in our squad.

Kane had a poor game that day and got a lower rating than Lamela. Son was rated higher than both so Lamela wasn't out best player. But let's pick out Lamela as the benchmark.

If it's not him (and I get sick of trying to explain the impact he'd have had with us if we'd bought him 4 years ago when I said we should and then the summer window before last) we'd have had a player capable of trickery, pass and vision and a goal scorer - he is also the most fouled player in the PL - he'd have had a transformative effect on our play at times.

There's little chance we will go back for him after the way he/his brother used us when we thought we'd got close to a deal with him/Palace; but for once I wish we'd swallow our pride and just do it.

I couldn't pick a motm nor would I want to. It was a genuine team effort and every single player put in a shift. No faulting Eriksen's commitment today either. He gave great support to Sissoko (who played as well at RB as anyone this season).

And that's the winning comment; no MOTM - everyone had to dig in and it looked to me like we did.

CE still looks off, but it was a better performance than we've seen lately, maybe he'll turn the corner and make a difference.

By the end of the season, everyone will be worshiping N'dombele, I can't wait to see him playing with Lo Celso (who last week Tim Vickery said was probably a better player than CE!).

WE have reason for optimism, but there is still lots of work to be done.

And that's the winning comment; no MOTM - everyone had to dig in and it looked to me like we did.

CE still looks off, but it was a better performance than we've seen lately, maybe he'll turn the corner and make a difference.

By the end of the season, everyone will be worshiping N'dombele, I can't wait to see him playing with Lo Celso (who last week Tim Vickery said was probably a better player than CE!).

While it may be unfair to pick a MOM, I can think of at least 3 that definitely weren't.

Question for people at the game. Did Eriksen look disinterested or was he trying and things weren’t coming off?

Agree, Ndombele is going to be immense; he seemed very quick footed to me, when he had the ball.

Generally I like what I see so far with Ndombele.He has scored more goals for us than he did in over 60 appearances for his previous club. Obviously his fitness still needs to be fine tuned. I was watching him track back and he seemed to have a lumbering gait. It might just be his style but he was leaning forward with laboured strides and high back lifts.

Question for people at the game. Did Eriksen look disinterested or was he trying and things weren’t coming off?

Agree, Ndombele is going to be immense; he seemed very quick footed to me, when he had the ball.

He looks like he's covering ground, but often aimlessly, like his mind is somewhere else - then of course he does start a move, makes a pass; it works and we score just when I was beginning to think we needed to take him off..

His mind had been switched off and it looks like it's almost switch on again - when it is, if it ever again is for us, then we might have witness Eriksen finally putting his summer disappointment behind him.

The clock is on a countdown for him now, come Jan I expect him to sign that pre-contract deal or go for almost nothing, all we can do is hope it gives us time to get Lo Celso up to speed and for Deli to find his form.

N'dombele may well end up being that elite player who can be better than anyone we've had in that role before; he has the 'get moving forward' second nature - something we haven't see in a very long time.

You've got Aurier wrong - he's a training ground maniac and he's telling some of the other ****** to get the f**** out of the way - been awhile coming, but now his personal affairs are all focused on staying in London - watch his leadership qualities come to the fore - he doesn't suffer fools or anyone coasting.

A training ground maniac, unfortunately an on field maniac also.

A training ground maniac, unfortunately an on field maniac also.

Sadly, he has a tendency to rush in; the second yellow was very harsh, the first a piece of complete stupidity - still think he has what we need and we'll be hard pressed to find better.

Poch and the coaches have to find a way into his brain now so that he knows when to do and when not too.