Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle United FC - The Magpies | Page 8 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle United FC - The Magpies

lol - I'm sure they think the same thing about Poch after the recent soap opera of press conferences

Poch has the class to talk about his own club and not comment about other teams. Klopp's comments about envying our squad health were pathetic and disingenuous, and that's just one example.

Poch has the class to talk about his own club and not comment about other teams. Klopp's comments about envying our squad health were pathetic and disingenuous, and that's just one example.

Seriously Pollo? What glass house are you throwing stones in today?

Pochettino said to ESPN: "In the past couple of years, Liverpool have invested a lot of money

"Due to a number of circumstances, we've tried to produce young players with great futures such as Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Trippier or Harry Winks.

"We are creating players. But in this case, Liverpool need a defender, they get van Dijk. They need a goalkeeper, who's the best? Alisson. It's the same as Manchester City."

Poch created a shit storm on social media this last week or two after those comments about Pool.

Missed those comments, but I'd bet my house that if we compare Poch's record talking about other clubs vs any other of the managers in the top 6 he's be WAY ahead.

I'm going to be churlish; yes we dominated, but our tactics at times were driving me nuts.

Me and Poch are going to have a falling out lol!

Playing Moura in the centre for 70 mins was a complete waste of time; in a game begging for width, and for players that could push the ball forward and run past a player, why oh why did Poch wait soooo long to bring Rose on?

If I see Tripps stop and turn inside one more time when he could have risked taking the man on and getting to space, I am going to shot him.

Anyway, we won, 10/10 for application, 7/10 for smarts.

Last edited:
I like scousers...they are full of life, witty and musical...and lets be honest, if we are comparing great teams of the past eras they have a lot more to boast about than us.

As for Klopp, urs his antics are annoying if you are on the receiving end of a thrashing...the only good answer is to beat his team.

I'm going to be churlish; yes we dominated, but our tactics at times were driving me nuts.

Me and Poch are going to have a falling out lol!

Playing Moura in the centre for 70 mins was a complete waste of time; in a game begging for width, and for players that could push the ball forward and run past a player, why oh why did Poch wait soooo long to bring Rose on?

If I see Tripps stop and turn inside one more time when he could have risked taking the man on a getting to space, I am going to shot him.

Anyway, we won, 10/10 for application, 7/10 for smarts.

Least him passing it side ways stops him crossing

When you consider the possession we had, we took our time to score. But in fairness, Rafa set up his team to defend. If we got past the parked bus, we’d be lucky, but we did! So 3 more points. Great.

If we can keep up the 3 points from games we’ll do well. It’s up to those around us not to fail then.

I do think we’re still in with a shout.

Hopefully poch will have said after the game.....take it easy, see you Wednesday. So important that Son & co get to totally rest for a few days.....we don't play till Sunday, so no excuse not to take a breather..... gonna be a massive game Sunday

I understand Rose being rested and Llorente. Our crosses were not great today which made it difficult for Moura and Son. Moura did miss 2 headers and Lamela hit the bar though so it's not like we didn't get chances . Sissoko came close we had one cleared off the line.

Eriksen not himself again, lost possession too many times. Interesting role for Jan and although it didn't quite work he had a damn good go. Toby and Sanchez pretty solid, Winks distributing well, only one lapse at the end for him.

Another grinding result with lots of effort and determination. I expected us to score, the pressure we were applying was relentless. Keeper beaten by pace from Sonny, bit of dip on it too, lots of power in that shot. Bit like a cricket shot by the keeper, ball was on him quicker than he thought and it went under his hands. Agree we tried to be too intricate at times. Good old lump it in, big CF holds it up and heads it down....bang, easy ain't it ?

City...they are better than us and it will keep Arsenal 10 points behind

Plus I'd rather City be in the race still, if we were to somehow turn it round and be a serious challenger (wont happen) then we're the worst team to 'keep the pressure on' lol I'd rather go under the radar as we seem to perform better that way.

City will murder them anyway