Totally underwhelming | Vital Football

Totally underwhelming

McPoolie19

Vital Youth Team
Latest news on OS ... third choice keeper goes on loan to Northern Premier League East club for experience. Similar standard to Northern League. Who is remotely bothered?

How about getting some decent and proven players in before we reach the point of no return. Obviously the current squad is neither good enough or fit enough to get us up the table and suspect all is not well with Ferguson and possibly a couple of other stalwarts. Up to now we have had to make do with Scottish rejects and National league types.

I agree, the third-choice goalkeeper loan move is hardly sensational news but maybe there is not a lot else for the Mail to write about. I get the impression that Hartley does not seem to communicate with the press as often as Lee or Challinor. We can't bring in any more players because the transfer window is now closed. There may be a few free agent players knocking about but there is usually a reason they are free agents. We just have to hope the current squad are able to turn things round and at least keep us in the FL.

Don't think I've been whelmed, is that a word?, by anything that has happened on the playing front this season / preseason. As Alf2 says we can only hope that we are able to hang on to our League status come next May.

Think that the next two home games may well prove something of a watershed.

Other teams are snapping up out of contract players so what is our esteemed Head of Recruitment doing with his time? Alfalf2, the keeper story was on the Pools website , not in the Mail.

Other teams are snapping up out of contract players so what is our esteemed Head of Recruitment doing with his time? Alfalf2, the keeper story was on the Pools website , not in the Mail.
Well I read the keeper story in the Mail not the Pools website. We can safely assume it appeared in both locations.

The point I was making was that nothing is coming out of the club to generate any entusiasm among the fans. It all seems to be flat.

I think that we are all concerned by the lack of communication coming out of Victoria Park, McPoolie. Though I don't know what I'd expect them to say.
I do think that the only way to stifle the growing concern amongst the fan base is for some positive results on the pitch. So hoping for a good result on Saturday - I'm ever the optimist!

Today's signing of Chris Maguire is an interesting one. Has a good pedigree with clubs at a decent scoring record. Though obviously he comes with some baggage, but I guess that's why Pools were able to secure his signature.

Now if we can sign a Centre Half with similar background?

According to the Fail, Hartley had said that Maguire would be out "indefinitely " with a foot injury!
Sometimes the way Pools do their business in checking players for fitness issues before signing them is beyond belief.