Totally deserved win | Vital Football

Totally deserved win

Looked offside on the replay. Peter Lloyd said their striker punched it in, but I don’t think so.

Assume it was for offside given the linesman raised his flag when it was disallowed.

Offside as flag raised eventually. It looked it based on a couple of on line photos.

Needn't say anymore or any less.
Cue a 100 post thread.

I thought we were well worth the win. Enjoyed it.

That lino was useless though. Hanlons chance was as clear a goal as i have seen at priestifeld, yet the lino somehow didn't see it. Then their 'goal', he was perfectly happy to gove it, despite it being offside. Thank god the ref saw it and put him straight or that would have been the most undeserved victory for them id have ever seen.

The linesman signalled off side - eventually but on RK Evans said it was for a foul on the keeper.

Great day today. All I asked for this season was to enjoy going to games to again. Accomplished.

We look like a really together side and that's important. What we don't have in skill we need to make up for in team spirt and work rate. We have that this season.

Fair play Steve Evans, fair play.

I thought the same. I really question some of the possession stats that are recorded in our games.
I thought the same. It may be correct though as Sunderland spent long periods passing the ball sideways just outside their own penalty area.

I thought we totally dominated the game in terms of meaningful and threatening posession.

Well done Gills. Sunderland pathetic.

Their goal was almost certainly disallowed for offside, as the ref gave an indirect free kick after consulting the linesman.

I didn't think there was much in the game .Very tight both sides being dominated by solid defensive work .Always felt in was a going to be a close game.
A fair bit of controversy so those bit's are unlikely to get shown on TV.Impossible to see from the Rainham end weather our or their disallowed goal should have stood.