Top Half! | Vital Football

Top Half!

Lovell doing a great job with limited resources again, confident we'll pick up enough points to survive. Big challenge next season without Eaves, be an interesting summer..

Lovell doing a great job with limited resources again, confident we'll pick up enough points to survive. Big challenge next season without Eaves, be an interesting summer..

If Eaves does go it would be a shame. However 6 different players have scored in our last 2 games. That must cheer SL immensly.

Hanlan is filling me with more and more confidence lately. Eaves WILL be missed but hopefully to a lesser extent than we fear.
Have to agree Harlan has stepped up to the plate of late and is showing what Steve Lovell believed he had when he signed him. I was personally dreading today but maybe just maybe SL has found a way to get us out of trouble and I feel so much more confident than I did in January. Let’s get that home form going

After 25 minutes today I was fearing the worst, then suddenly on 40 minutes it reminded me why I love football.
Agree nitram. I've not been to many games, only about 10 (6 away) but today was the first league win ( saw the very lucky win at Slough). Lost heart after Brizzle Rovers and 30 mins in today wished I was on the march with the missus. Then I was reminded of why I love the Gills and football.

I have a season ticket so attend all home games, some of them have been dire, don't travel much now as health and coach travel aren't good bedfellows.
Days like today are what keeps me going for another year of dross. :utv:

Glad I went today, don’t do many away games but enjoyed the atmosphere at last season’s match at Wimbledon on the terrace so thought Id go today.

It was just great to see us score 4 goals after the lack of goals at home- also one disallowed and hit the woodwork too!

In the second half when the team were confident, they knocked it around with some style, and the ref and linesman even started giving us all the 50/50 decisions which was strange to see as it’s so rare.

The turning point had to be the howler from the goalie, (like Nelson at Wigan) as it meant we went into half time undeservedly 2-1 up. But it was an awkward dipping shot from Burke.

Watching Lopes hit the third almost seemed in slow motion as their defence also stood and watched as he controlled the throw in instantly then swept it into the corner.
A nice flicked header from Eaves was the icing on the cake.

Have to agree Harlan has stepped up to the plate of late and is showing what Steve Lovell believed he had when he signed him. I was personally dreading today but maybe just maybe SL has found a way to get us out of trouble and I feel so much more confident than I did in January. Let’s get that home form going
Welcome aboard Sturdee.

Just seen on the Gills in the Blood twitter feed that we changed league positions at least 6 times between 3pm and 5pm yesterday.

Hanlan is filling me with more and more confidence lately. Eaves WILL be missed but hopefully to a lesser extent than we fear.

I'll miss the big man but the idea of having Hanlan and List's pace up top can potentially be fun. Although we're fucked if a team ever sits back!