Tonight's VNL Match Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

Tonight's VNL Match Thread

JT_LCFC - 23/2/2016 20:02

SkellyIsWatching - 23/2/2016 19:58

SalfordImp - 23/2/2016 19:54

Early goals not going our way at the mo.

Tonight's scores have no influence on our season. Our season failure is a result of Chris Moyses.

Are we not overachieving with the budget available to us?

Been discussed many times this season JT, pretty well accepted that our budget is 7th or 8th which means we are actually under achieving.

nlondonimp - 23/2/2016 22:04

good result for gateshead...
j

Gateshead had a mid season slump, sacked Malcolm Crosby , appointed Neil Aspin and picked up and now are looking good for the play offs. Someone being mischievous might suggest we should have done the same before our prolonged slump knackered our season. Aspin would have been a great fit for City.

johnolbe - 23/2/2016 22:21

nlondonimp - 23/2/2016 22:04

good result for gateshead...
j

Gateshead had a mid season slump, sacked Malcolm Crosby , appointed Neil Aspin and picked up and now are looking good for the play offs. Someone being mischievous might suggest we should have done the same before our prolonged slump knackered our season. Aspin would have been a great fit for City.

this season seems wide open for 4th and 5th., and lots of teams have had slumps ... wrexham [back to 4th!], woking [twice], eastleigh [currently] macc [currently]... although hard to see the 4th 5th qualifiers having any chance in the playoffs.

if it is as open next season we might try reducing our slump to under two months... ?

Steve O'Dare - 23/2/2016 08:53

Perfect scenario for me would be for Braintree, Gateshead, Grimsby, Forest Green, Welling and Wrexham all to lose.

The actual results where pretty much a perfect storm, and no real results going our way. But there is still HOPE.

Seems strange how a side that has lost 12 games this season – Wrexham – which is only one fewer than Guiseley in 18th can be sitting pretty in fourth spot. Then again we have lost 11 and we're only three points behind them. Shows the nature (and standard?) of this division.

Tonight's scores have no influence on our season. Our season failure is a result of Chris Moyses.
Your season failure is as a result of Paul Hurst!

SalfordImp - 23/2/2016 20:09

Of all your posts that is the most load of gonads I have read.
Blimey you are a better man than me if you can actually analyse the level of gonads from this bloke. I thought it was all complete gonads!

SkellyIsWatching - 23/2/2016 20:18

Just realised that Steve O'Dare has said he wants the Cods to lose.
I guess he didn't realise that would result in Woking winning their game in hand and going above us.
Gotta giggle
I know exactly what I said and why I said it. You on the other hand want your team to win, and they did.

Gateshead winning at Cheltenham would have been worse, 4th and 5th still up for grabs with Braintree the real danger team. Our next 3 are winnable (we are something of a bogey team for Macc) so to a certain extent it is still in our hands.

implausible - 24/2/2016 11:01

Gateshead winning at Cheltenham would have been worse, 4th and 5th still up for grabs with Braintree the real danger team. Our next 3 are winnable (we are something of a bogey team for Macc) so to a certain extent it is still in our hands.

I still think Braintree will fall away. Too many games to play in a short space of time (especially for a part-time team). They may yet still get more postponements which will make the situation even worse! If they get to the play-offs it will be a massive achievement!

imps_joe - 24/2/2016 12:03

implausible - 24/2/2016 11:01

I still think Braintree will fall away. Too many games to play in a short space of time (especially for a part-time team). They may yet still get more postponements which will make the situation even worse! If they get to the play-offs it will be a massive achievement!
Good call Joe and I think Dover will be the same. Another part-time team that will have a lot of games to play in a short period of time. It matters not though if we don't keep winning!

Most of Braintree's Tuesday re-arranged ones are home ties I think.

Their toughest week looks to be Eastleigh (h), Torquay (a), Grimsby (a)

Just realised I will be away on holiday when the play offs are played. We won't make them, anyway. Maybe next year. Or the year after. Or.