Tonight’s games | Vital Football

Tonight’s games

shotshy

Vital Champions League
Cheering on the underdogs.
After tonight, we could still have a reason for playing or ....... they think it’s all over.

I admire your optimism shotshy. However heads overtaken my heart and I have Oxford, Blackpool and Pompey on my accumulator tonight

So what would be the best result for us in the Blackpool v Accrington game? Accrington can overtake us with a win. I'd be inclined to say that we're not going to catch Blackpool (5pts behind and they've got 3 in hand), so probably better for them to win and keep Accrington out of it.

Decent start to tonight's games. Portsmouth 0-0 at HT at Crewe, and Ipswich 2 down and down to 10 men after 30 mins at Wimbledon.

Oxford's going to be a tough game at the weekend, 4-1 tonight, they've now scored 10 goals in the last 4 days. A win would take us level with them though, and they've got no games in hand.

Oxford's going to be a tough game at the weekend, 4-1 tonight, they've now scored 10 goals in the last 4 days. A win would take us level with them though, and they've got no games in hand.

A win at Oxford would keep the dream going , that's for sure.

Don’t know if it really means much for us now, but a lot of top 6 contenders lost/drew tonight in games they probably thought they’d win.

Donny 0 Burton 3
Crewe 0 Pompey 0
Wigan 2 Sunlun 1 (arf, arf)
AFCW 3 Ipswich 0
Blackpool 0 Accy 0.

Only Lincoln and Oxford did well. Even if we don’t figure, I think places 4, 5 and 6 are going to go down to the wire.

I thought it was all over for our outside playoff chances. Just shows that it’s never over until mathematically impossible. Strange results. Blackpool were flying but held by Accrington. Lincoln were dropping like a stone but pulled a 4-0 out of the bag, so who knows what other results will happen with quite a few games to play!

Realistically, the only way we can get back in it, is to beat Oxford on Saturday. Then we’ll probably need something at Peterborough (a draw may be enough) and then need to win all of the last three. That is far from easy with Northampton fighting for their lives and Burton in flying form.

If we lose the next two, it could well be mathematically all over anyway. By the time we play Burton, they could easily go above us. We should also remember, even if we do go well, there are teams below us as well as above us with games in hand that could see them go above us. One more factor to throw into the mix is that we’ve had more rest than other teams and fewer games to play over the coming weeks which may be an advantage. Although some teams in form may get momentum from playing lots of games.

It’s all to play for - a realistic finish is from 7th to 15th. However, if we blitz it and results dramatically go our way we could finish as high as 4th, but I’d we flunk it, with Plymouth and Burton still to play, we could finish as low as 18th - both unrealistic but possible. Just shows how tight things are.

The bottom 4 is interesting to - it’ll be nice to watch that unfold from a distance. Touching wood that Swine and Rovers succumb!

What a job JFH has done at Burton. Bottom when he took over now 11 points away from danger. Shame he couldn't have been appointed the week after we played them, another 3 points would be handy.

How did that Blackpool attack fail to score v Accy who's defence appears to have been on strike recently?

As ST says, it's so unpredictable.

Completely unpredictable. I’m tempted to cash out on my top half finish bet. at £100 rather than hope for 150.

How did that Blackpool attack fail to score v Accy who's defence appears to have been on strike recently?

As ST says, it's so unpredictable.

A lot of Blackpool fans said that their performance against us was as well as they had played this season.
I’m personally hoping that Charlton, Pompey and Sunderland blow it as they always bring a good crowd.
Next season will be great.

Completely unpredictable. I’m tempted to cash out on my top half finish bet. at £100 rather than hope for 150.

I cashed mine a few weeks ago. All the games in hand worried me so took the percentage option and cashed in.

Wondering whether to same with FGR on my four division accumulator. Need them to be top 6. The others are pretty secure. Do i take 50 or gamble for135

Very tight in league 2 by the look of it. On the points I’d say 50 per cent or better but is their momentum downwards? Top 6 or 7?

Very tight in league 2 by the look of it. On the points I’d say 50 per cent or better but is their momentum downwards? Top 6 or 7?

Actually it's top 7. Hoping for a new manager bounce, if they win a couple the cashout should jump as the others are looking good - norwich, Blackpool and Chelsea (top 6)

Last edited: