Tom Flanagan | Vital Football

Tom Flanagan

Kojaculation

Vital Reserves Team
He's just left Burton. They are not happy! Any chance he might be comiing to the Gills? He did ok for us when we had him on loan from MK Dons.

He looked a bit lightweight, but that was some years ago, so he's probably filled out.
Yeah, he looked ok.
We need options at the back.

Judging on the comments on his versatility playing right and left wing back and centre back for Burton in the championship last season. I would be well happy if we could bring him back to Priestfield .He did play for Northern Ireland against New Zealand at the beginning of the month.

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/tom-flanagan-leaves-burton-albion-after-verbally-agreeing-new-deal-with-brewers-say-club/story-30414960-detail/story.html

Yes of course he will be coming to us - let me picture the scene
' I know il turn down another contract which I've verbally agreed with a championship club and wages to move to a lower division 1 club who have little money and don't appear to be going anywhere having got rid of their best player '
Yes perfect sense

Wow Kettners someone got out of bed the wrong side today.

Well he only played 20 games last season ? I don?t know how many of those were starts and how many were as sub. It?s clear he?s not first choice there though. I?d imagine if he was offered a contract at another club as a first team player he?d move down to League 1 fairly happily. Especially considering Burton are likely to struggle again this year so there?s a good chance he?ll be in League 1 again next year anyway. Whether he?d move down to a league 1 club battling relegation is another matter though I guess.

We are a club he knows though, which will always be a benefit in any considerations ? notably ? he was with us during our league winning season, so will have good memories here too. Peter Taylor will be a well-respected manager having been around for years too so hopefully would be able to talk a good game.

We will just have to wait and see what happens on the 1st July I guess.

As he is a Londoner, and except for Burton Albion has never been further north than MK Dons, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that he might come here. Though the way he left Burton it seems he is already fixed up with another club. Also this is not the first time he has left a club suddenly, I have just read his contract at MK Dons was terminated by 'mutual consent'. Not sure he would be such a good signing after all.

Yeah, but will that be on 1 July or 1 August or did he sign during this month? Very confused.