Tom Eaves | Vital Football

Tom Eaves

HarrowGill

Vital Youth Team
Let's be honest- he is almost certainly going to be gone by the end of the January transfer window.

I would love for someone to offer him a tickle in his salary, in addition to asking him to stay until May to try and embellish his career further with by scoring another 10x goals to help keep us in league one. But alas, we all know this is a hard sell and it's a highly unlikely prospect.

So where would you rather see him go, if reluctantly? Personally, I would only like to see a player of his quality go to a decent Scottish Premiership side with a chance of playing European football next season (Hibs, Hearts and Rangers have shown keen interest in him) or a decent Championship side who will be prepared to pay the £750,000-£800,000 that he is clearly worth and who can offer him time to develop and a future opportunity for Premiership football (so Villa, Leeds, Derby, West Brom, Middlesbrough, poss. Birmingham).

It would be massively dissapointing to see him potentially waste or stall his career by going to Millwall or Sunderland, where he may end up playing League One football next season, which would be of no benefit to his career at all.

To be honest, I would not be surprised if he was still here at the end of the window with interested parties being prepared to wait to sign him on a free in the summer.

To be honest, once he has moved on then I wouldn't care if he developed further or went in the path of Luke Rooney as he would not longer be our player.

Eaves is never a Championship player and if he ends up in the Scottish Premier then it won't be one of the teams challenging for European places. I reckon he won't do much once he moves on and he is currently playing for the right club at the right time now.

I still keep hearing/reading the Charlton rumour. That better not be right. Surely not?

I would love for it to be to a upper/mid Championship side. For his benefit, our benefit, and who knows maybe even for a future bigger money transfer of which we might also get a handy slice.

Like Baghdad, I’m also secretly thinking he might be here for the season. I just don’t want to shout it out loud. Just in case.

I still keep hearing/reading the Charlton rumour. That better not be right. Surely not?

I would love for it to be to a upper/mid Championship side. For his benefit, our benefit, and who knows maybe even for a future bigger money transfer of which we might also get a handy slice.

I wouldn't have thought that likely, considering that already have Lyle Taylor up front, and cannot justify adding another expensive striker to their team given the uncertainty over their ownership (still waiting to be bought out by an Australian consortium), and bear in mind their finances are tighter than a Duck's Arris (they can't even afford to buy water for their youth trainees, for example!). Still wouldn't rule it out though.

It would be a crying shame for him to go to any other League One team, but especially the Anoraks!

If his agent has advised him to turn down the security of the deal we are offering him, they must be confident that there is real interest from a club higher up the football pyramid.

I judge these things by way of what damage they are likely to do us if they move to a side in our division. I was pretty certain that Dack would be hard to handle but Eaves is nothing like as consistent and I think that Zak is more than capable of keeping him quiet on most days.

Therefore I don't care where he goes. If a January offer is attractive to the club, then sell. Otherwise make him honour his contract and start scouting for his replacement.

Dont give a f where he goes. Same as he is doing what is good for him we need to do the same.
I will keep saying it, If it aint stupid money then he stays, we need to stay up no matter what.