Today's League One Match Thread (09/01/2021) | Page 5 | Vital Football

Today's League One Match Thread (09/01/2021)

While we are able to maintain a position at the top which equates to achieving 2 points per game, for any rival to get less than 3 points is to our advantage. Where two perceived rivals draw, such as Hull v Sunderland, it is doubly to our advantage. We need to win our next game mind; and keep the pressure on.

Retain the 2 ppg average and we will be there, or thereabouts.
Retain 2 ppg and we get promoted automatically.

I also thought it quite interesting how many long balls were played in that last game. So often a big hoof from the keeper ended up in the other keepers hands. Very little quality play on the floor from either team
Didn’t we used to be accused of that 🤔. Turned full circle.

I have watched two or three games and not been impressed with any of the so called ‘top’ teams. I reckon we got Sunderland at just the wrong time - combination of our home form, injuries and their new manager bounce. Be interesting to see what happens at their place 🤞.

I have watched two or three games and not been impressed with any of the so called ‘top’ teams. I reckon we got Sunderland at just the wrong time - combination of our home form, injuries and their new manager bounce. Be interesting to see what happens at their place 🤞.

I think Sunderland will improve. The problem they have is that their centre forward options (Wyke, Grigg, Graham) would be more effective if they were fitted with castors as they are so immobile.

If they had a Tom Hopper type they'd be a different proposition immediately

I watched the 2nd half against Hull and Sunderland were actually pretty good - ran the game and Hull could rarely get out of their own half.

Having said that, Hull looked poor.

I thought it was a really physical match - I can see how either side could potentially dominate / bully opposition.