Today | Vital Football

Today

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Strange old performance from us.

Grimsby are a big side, clearly set pieces were going to cause us problems and their first 2 goals came from corners.

I'm unsure why Lyness wasn't wearing a cap, the sun was very bright and almost caught their keeper out twice 2nd half, but when the corners cleared and the balls crossed back in he came and missed the ball completely.
We had some good fortune and got an equaliser right on half time but we gave away a silly free kick and from a good Lyness save the resulting corner was scrambled in, last kick of the half.

Plenty of huff and puff 2nd half Vassell desperately unlucky shot saved on to the post and rebound scrambled away and then Aldred was stupid and punished.

2 plusses today - Payne, probably the best he has played and Matt, looked decent when he came on and clearly cared about the result.

Too many players off their game today - Aldred needs resting, Aimson should start on Friday.
Potts - I keep saying it, when he plays poorly so do we, Flores just not in it today.

Tactics were questionable today, they had their scouting and Samuel marked out of the game. That created space and it was screaming for Delf on the opposite wing.
Despite having the better chances the game could be summed up in a word for me - nervous, and there was no need to be.
Grimsby are not a good side.
That's back to back defeats for the first time this season, Carlisle and Grimsby also lost at home and today was an opportunity lost. Friday requires a reaction against the divisions form team....

Fair account of the game, from what I saw Potts was responsible for the first of their goals,by his gifting them the ball......Flores can go back whence he came he is going backwards....

I don't get Potts. On his day what an asset strong on the ball driving forward and adds goals but all tpp often he disappears. Should be good enough to play centre mid but not consistent

Hastings - 9/4/2017 09:28

I don't get Potts. On his day what an asset strong on the ball driving forward and adds goals but all tpp often he disappears. Should be good enough to play centre mid but not consistent
He appears lazy and a cannot be bothered attitude.... :argh:

Hastings - 9/4/2017 09:28

He appears lazy and a cannot be bothered attitude.... :argh:

premier 1 - 8/4/2017 19:57

Fair account of the game, from what I saw Potts was responsible for the first of their goals,by his gifting them the ball......Flores can go back whence he came he is going backwards....

Glad you enjoyed it you arse kissing old doffer!!! :rofl: :grins: :loser: :guitar: :nanarock: