TOBY'S FUTURE! | Vital Football

TOBY'S FUTURE!

Welshtel

Vital Football Hero
One of our best players is Alderveireld. His future at Tottenham is being questioned with many clubs after his services. I for one DO NOT want to see this player leave, he is as vital as any other. Pochettino is sort of giving Levy the opportunity to sell him if he wants to according to all the reports today.

Toby has been one of our best players, pairing up well with Vertongen and to lose that partnership would be a great loss. We need their defensive security as much as we need attacking flair and versatility in our team. We are a great unit and getting stronger all the time, progress has been immense this season. If it weren't for Chelsea's good fortunes, we would be top and getting the title this term.

Why would we THINK of selling good stock and weakening our team, negating any progress and breaking up the cohesiveness that we now have?

OK if the manager thinks he can do without him and there's something we don't know, such as that there's another purchase around the corner that will make us better (which I would doubt somehow) or that we already have another team player that can do as well and pair as well with Vertongen, then OK but again, I doubt that.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT, is the motto we need to hold to. I know I'm not Pochettino and can't hope to know as much as he does but from this distance, and with our past history in selling good players, I would leave the team squad well alone.

OK I can recognise that we need to also make as much money as we can as a club but I'm nervous about letting the good guys go. It's a bit like weakening the main members that prop up the roof.

At the least I want to register my vote and I say LET HIM STAY, FIGHT OFF THE URGE TO SELL AND FOR GOODNESS SAKE DON'T LET ANY PREMIERSHIP CLUB NEAR OUR PLAYERS, PARTICULARLY TOBY.

Madness if it happens......he is our unsung hero without doubt.

No fuss no bother player a total professional who just gets on with the job...one look at our defensive record shows why we must retain his services.

Calm Wesltel, calm :-)

Seriously, don't believe everything you read or your summer is going to be one of the worst you've ever had.

There are agents/clubs everywhere looking to undermine/disrupt/turn heads with offers of mad sums of money, sums we cannot even dream about offering.

The unity of the team/squad seems pretty strong and the belief that this team can achieve silverware is strong among them - so have a little faith that for one more season at least, this collective desire and belief will hold; if it doesn't and a players head is turned and demands a move, rest assured that out Chairman will give the buying club a proper rogering...

:10: :17:

Spursex - 21/4/2017 08:34

Calm Wesltel, calm :-)

Seriously, don't believe everything you read or your summer is going to be one of the worst you've ever had.

There are agents/clubs everywhere looking to undermine/disrupt/turn heads with offers of mad sums of money, sums we cannot even dream about offering.

The unity of the team/squad seems pretty strong and the belief that this team can achieve silverware is strong among them - so have a little faith that for one more season at least, this collective desire and belief will hold; if it doesn't and a players head is turned and demands a move, rest assured that out Chairman will give the buying club a proper rogering...

:10: :17:

Whoops. Just wrote something similar on the transfer window thread.

Toby's answer, from yesterday. Class through and through.

Alderweireld said: “When I signed, it was for a number of years and I am very pleased with how things are going now. It is an honour to play for Tottenham. I’m very happy to do so.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/toby-alderweireld-100-per-cent-convinced-tottenham-will-win-trophy-with-current-team-a3519216.html