Tobias Figueiredo (Sporting Centre Half) | Vital Football

Tobias Figueiredo (Sporting Centre Half)

Bad_Dog

Vital 1st Team Regular
Nottingham Forest are reportedly the latest club to show interest in the Sporting defender Tobias Figueiredo.

According to A Bola today, the Championship side are ‘attentive’ to the player’s situation in Portugal, and even though an official offer hasn’t been made yet, a formal approach is expected soon.

Currently the fourth option for Sporting’s defence, Tobias has been attracting interest from a few clubs, with Leeds United being another Championship side recently linked to him.

But the rumours involving Leeds United had gone totally silent in the past couple of weeks, making it sound like Nottingham Forest is a much likelier destination now.

A Bola claims Sporting are available to listen to offers of a six-month loan deal, plus a buying option at the end of the season. Considering that the plan is to replace him with an academy player, the Lions shouldn’t be demanding much money for the permanent transfer.

Leeds United started talks to sign Tobias in December, and Sporting have been holding out for a €3-4m loan fee, but it always seemed a loan could be available.

Maybe now it’s openly being reported a loan is available, Leeds United could revive their interest and rival Aitor Karanka’s Nottingham Forest.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/formal-approach-expected-nottingham-forest-leeds-united-talks-sign-player/

23, played at every Portuguese youth level. Played a bit for Sporting B and 15 games for Sporting seniors along with a couple of loans

3 or 4mill for a transfer fee must mean he is fairly highly thought of.

If he is 4th choice at Sporting he can't be that bad.

I just don't get how people can moan about a team, sitting in the bottom half of the second division, signing someone like this, especially when they've never seen him play, BD.

JC21 - 29/1/2018 20:12

I just don't get how people can moan about a team, sitting in the bottom half of the second division, signing someone like this, especially when they've never seen him play, BD.

Exactly they are 1point off top of the league in Portugal and a much better side than the likes of Olympiacos. 4th choice there compared to Matt Mills I'm prepared to have a look at the lad.

http://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-nos/sporting/detalhe/tobias-figueiredo-vai-reforcar-o-nottingham-forest.html

2.3mill euro should we choose to buy him.

in fairness prob worth a look, not at the expense of selling Woz or course tho, that would just be too much to take

I have been reading comments of Sporting fans and it's made me laugh about all the know it all on here writing this guy off.

They ARE ALL saying the club is selling him too cheap and they are stupid for letting him go when they need him in the squad.

Sporting would batter us, so to me that's very promising.

asked somebody that would know about him

said he is powerful and strong. great in the air but that there are many flaws to his game.

said he is very mistake prone and is ill tempered. loses focus a lot

the jock - 30/1/2018 08:31

asked somebody that would know about him

said he is powerful and strong. great in the air but that there are many flaws to his game.

said he is very mistake prone and is ill tempered. loses focus a lot

You could say that about many second tier centrehalves..... including JW, who is prone for at least 1 mistake per game.

Not knocking Joe, as he has really progressed but it's amazing how those rose tinted specs are handy at such times.

I won't judge a player 'til I've seen them play & have to trust AK, a centre half himself - who has very good scouting connections.