Time we protected our players against International call up? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Time we protected our players against International call up?

TOO MUCH is simply too much! Players ‘spent’ from too many matches are no good to either club or country. Young players should not be ‘played out’ 3 weeks into the season. STOP the crazy practice of sending them all over the world, playing every tournament. Why take them to the USA on Pre-season? Crazy. Give them a holiday. Get them refreshed FIRST. Then talk about preseason training. At the end of the day SPURS, not England or any other country pays the wages of these lads. WE are their paymasters for their employment. WE should call the shots. The FA need to buck up and get a life! The FA execs wouldn’t play all those hours and sap themselves.

Players need to be effective. Worn out half baked play is no good to anyone. They demoralise, demotivate players with all their demands.
Let’s have some of the ‘Fair Play’ they rant about. GET YER ACT TOGETHER FA, and THFC come to that. Let’s have fully fit energetic, rested players ready for our matches. Champions league now. We only played on Saturday, 3 days ago, HAVE A HEART!

TOO MUCH is simply too much! Players ‘spent’ from too many matches are no good to either club or country. Young players should not be ‘played out’ 3 weeks into the season. STOP the crazy practice of sending them all over the world, playing every tournament. Why take them to the USA on Pre-season? Crazy. Give them a holiday. Get them refreshed FIRST. Then talk about preseason training. At the end of the day SPURS, not England or any other country pays the wages of these lads. WE are their paymasters for their employment. WE should call the shots. The FA need to buck up and get a life! The FA execs wouldn’t play all those hours and sap themselves.

Players need to be effective. Worn out half baked play is no good to anyone. They demoralise, demotivate players with all their demands.
Let’s have some of the ‘Fair Play’ they rant about. GET YER ACT TOGETHER FA, and THFC come to that. Let’s have fully fit energetic, rested players ready for our matches. Champions league now. We only played on Saturday, 3 days ago, HAVE A HEART!

Not true for me - people like me pay their wages. I pay my Sky and BT Sport bill and, like every other subscriber to paid TV football, that money goes to the Premier League who funds the clubs. If I had my choice where my money went, I'd have the Premier League reduced to 16 teams and money ring-fenced to pay the homegrown international players. I'd scrap the Premier League as a monopolising entity and get The FA their rights back. Today, they have none with the Prem teams forming their own FA i.e. it's called The Premier League.

I'd love internationals to be put back in their rightful place just like they are in other international sports like Cricket, Rugby etc and would consider a reduced central contracts model. I'd also start looking at the German model and get the definition of homegrown football sorted and promoted within our domestic game so the home nations international football teams improve.

I also don't have a major issue with the International Champions Cup. People all over the world pay to watch Spurs and this is about us taking the live game to them. I'd love to see it less USA centric but love the concept of a pre-season warm up played across different countries with the squad having a chance to bond before getting down to business.

Must admit though, I think England would have been better served with just the 4 competitive games in the Nations League without the wrapper of having to play Switzerland and USA on top before Xmas. 2 international fixture weekends, versus 3, would have helped this situation after a World Cup. That would require FIFA and UEFA to communicate though !!!

Welsh, lot of caps on that !!!

Seems like the club hasn't received the message, this is what our players schedule looks like:

Wednesday 10 October
Victor Wanyama

Thursday 11 October
Ben Davies
Juan Foyth
Hugo Lloris
Josh Onomah and Kyle Walker-Peters

Friday 12 October
Cameron Carter-Vickers
Davinson Sanchez
Heung-Min Son
Serge Aurier
Lucas Moura
Toby Alderweireld
Eric Dier, Harry Kane, Danny Rose, Kieran Trippier and Harry Winks

Sunday 14 October
Victor Wanyama

Monday 15 October

Tuesday 16 October
Heung-Min Son
Serge Aurier
Toby Alderweireld
Ben Davies
Juan Foyth / Lucas Moura
Hugo Lloris
Davinson Sanchez

Seems like the club hasn't received the message, this is what our players schedule looks like:

Wednesday 10 October
Victor Wanyama

Thursday 11 October
Ben Davies
Juan Foyth
Hugo Lloris

Friday 12 October
Cameron Carter-Vickers
Davinson Sanchez
Heung-Min Son
Serge Aurier
Lucas Moura
Toby Alderweireld

Sunday 14 October
Victor Wanyama

Monday 15 October

Tuesday 16 October
Heung-Min Son
Serge Aurier
Toby Alderweireld
Ben Davies
Juan Foyth / Lucas Moura
Hugo Lloris
Davinson Sanchez

Still see the irony of fans loving the spectacle of a club full of fantastic internationals yet don't want them to play in the actual international matches.

There will be a lot of big clubs around Europe with a similar player travel itinerary to Spurs would be my guess. Let's hope we get them all back in one piece. Back to back Croatia and Spain away matches will be tough for the England lads.

Still see the irony of fans loving the spectacle of a club full of fantastic internationals yet don't want them to play in the actual international matches.

There will be a lot of big clubs around Europe with a similar player travel itinerary to Spurs would be my guess. Let's hope we get them all back in one piece. Back to back Croatia and Spain away matches will be tough for the England lads.

We were the most represented club in the world in the last stages of the WC, having 9 players appear in the semis. The closest 2nd had 4.

Dont know about "a lot" of big other clubs, and frankly I don't care about them. They can fall back on their deep pockets and squad, we don't have that luxury.

4 Spurs in the team against Spain. Tripps is doing well but in the wars. Kane key involvement in all 3 goals so far and defending, a true captain's performance. Winks is pretty shackled looking after the Spain MF but showing the odd moment , Dier fairly solid.

So damn predictable...

Keep the lube flowing and Spurs keep taking it right up the ..............

Imagine how a big club handles having decent players all the time, then see how the novelty of this situation screws small time ENIC.

Tough game for our 4 but they will all be chuffed. They all put a lot into that and no obvious injuries although Tripps tool some knocks. Winks lost his head and Dier had to hold him back from the pen shout.

Tough game for our 4 but they will all be chuffed. They all put a lot into that and no obvious injuries although Tripps tool some knocks. Winks lost his head and Dier had to hold him back from the pen shout.

Thought Winks was immense tonight, as was Dier who has taken a lot of stick this season. Kane as goal provider as well.

Great to see the Nations League format providing that level of entertainment. You could see that the players are treating it as competitive football. Shame the best 2 tackles of the match yielded straight yellows. Just shows what FIFA have done to tackling in the modern game.

I look at it the other way. I think in the future spurs could benefit from being so supportive of the England setup. The feel good factor of the WC and the new optimism for the nations league may just force some of these 20-24yr old players to look away from the big spenders like city, Utd and Chelsea. Players like Loftus Cheek must be chewing their tongue not smashingly the door down on their clubs to let them leave. If I was MP I would be advertising the fact that if you come to spurs, earn your place and you will get England chances. £100k per week becomes £60k after tax. If spurs pay that same player £60-70k per week he gets £42k after tax. The difference isn’t that big and at spurs they get the chance of a career