Time to invest on and off the pitch: BST Gazette column | Page 2 | Vital Football

Time to invest on and off the pitch: BST Gazette column

Layton_Seasider - 7/1/2017 21:32

Always the older generation look at the future generations as a sad indictment of the failing standards of education, culture, manners and etiquette not to mention morals and principles.

Somewhere between the codger/doffer generation and our (latter) generations there seems to have been a revolution in education and a quantum leap in the evolution of human DNA in that them old duffers are akin to cavemen compared to the erudite generations that have since evolved.

They say there is no fool like an old fool! :tophat: :117:
Kid yourself Not.....

premier 1 - 8/1/2017 09:03

Layton_Seasider - 7/1/2017 21:32

Always the older generation look at the future generations as a sad indictment of the failing standards of education, culture, manners and etiquette not to mention morals and principles.

Somewhere between the codger/doffer generation anrd our (latter) generations there seems to have been a revolution in education and a quantum leap in the evolution of human DNA in that them old duffers are akin to cavemen compared to the erudite generations that have since evolved.

They say there is no fool like an old fool! :tophat: :117:
Kid yourself Not.....

I'm not kidding, you ARE as thick as 2 short planks! :tophat:

METHINKS LAYTON PROTEST TOO MUCH.
The standards of education today is appalling, we hold annual school competitions for primary and secondary schools and the levels of writing ability when students reach secondary schools is very poor. Some pupils can't write a sentence in a straight even line; their spelling is abysmal. Secondary schools comment that the primary schools are lacking in their ability to teach the skills of fundamental English grammar.
As for etiquette how often do we see adults using a fork incorrectly in a restaurant and the less said about manners the better....how often do we observe adults out socializing and they seem to have the need to constantly use their mobile phones to text whilst in others company.
I rest my case. :argh: :argh:

premier 1 - 8/1/2017 12:53

Planks regardless of length or age are the same thickness ...

You sort of prove my point old doffer :tophat: perhaps the well used phrase is also lost on you?

Let's just say you are a few parking meters short of knot of toads!

Devonbotherer, I knew you'd give us some old tripe, but the evidence don't lie!!! :117:

53CODGER - 8/1/2017 12:53

The standards of education today is appalling, we hold annual school competitions for primary and secondary schools and the levels of writing ability when students reach secondary schools is very poor.

Standards "is"?
The comma after "appalling" is appalling. Please learn the correct usage of the full stop and comma.
Levels "is"?

:cop: The GASP :cop: will be scouring this forum for semi literate cretins. I'd run out of red ink if I were your teacher. :nar:

I have worked it out, it seems that you obviously haven't as like any good politician, you avoid the question....

Shame on you Prem, shame on you - I thought better of you.

53CODGER - 8/1/2017 12:53

The standards of education today is appalling, we hold annual school competitions for primary and secondary schools and the levels of writing ability when students reach secondary schools is very poor. Some pupils can't write a sentence in a straight even line; their spelling is abysmal. Secondary schools comment that the primary schools are lacking in their ability to teach the skills of fundamental English grammar.
As for etiquette how often do we see adults using a fork incorrectly in a restaurant and the less said about manners the better....how often do we observe adults out socializing and they seem to have the need to constantly use their mobile phones to text whilst in others company.

Another post paradoxically riddled with grammatical faux pas and misused syntax. Please don't generalise about a whole generation. As with those before, there is good and bad, but in my experience, they are far more open minded, liberal and understanding than mine or the one before.

Their creativity too is quite something.

BobHatton - 8/1/2017 21:18

I have worked it out, it seems that you obviously haven't as like any good politician, you avoid the question....

Shame on you Prem, shame on you - I thought better of you.
I do not believe they improved the stadium to knock it down for housing ......Under Big Sam we did invest in players Ellis,Malkin(a waste of money)Mellon etc ....Owen left for awhile and the rest being history.... :argh:

BobHatton - 9/1/2017 10:25

Oh dear....invested under Big Sam......

So tell me why he got sacked again Prem?
(A) He messed up..(B) Owens dream collapsed in more ways than one and Big Sam paid the price...

Bear1951 - 9/1/2017 08:56

Owen left for a while? Priceless. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just before 'he left' he tried to buy the support of the fans by investing moderate amounts of money on players which was someting he had never done before.

When he returned home after serving 6 years for raping a young girl he doubled his money on Andy Morrison, quintupled his money on Micky Mellon and profits too on any other saleable players.

And by the time he came home after raping a 16 year old when he was 58 the team had been relegated to the 4th division! :tophat:

The very fact that the club has more recently endured 3 relegations in 5 years after netting 10s of millions of Pounds is a collapse of much greater proportions but somehow you don't acknowledge this?

:tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat:
:tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: