Time to gel | Page 5 | Vital Football

Time to gel

Chelsea under Mourinho, City under Hughes ???
Manure, that time they wouldn't win anything with kids?

We are fixating on potential problems, we all knew we had to have a major revamp if we got to the PL. What will be, will be. I'm optimistic having seen what DS did after Xmas with a mini revamp. He improved individuals and also the team. He has done this previously with Brentford, so in theory, provided we have enough quality there is no reason to expect a different outcome.

No-one suggests that this will be a "top 6" season, and we need to manage our own expectations. If we win 3 out of the first 4 games it doesn't mean we will make the CL slots. 12th to 14th will be an incredible year that we can continue to build on, 17th will be acceptable.

Fact is Fulham are the only side in recent history that have been relegated after spending more than 50m. I'm confident, people writing us off as another Fulham will also work on our favour. Write us off at your own peril.

If DS can retain the will to win in this drastically revamped side I think we could have a very good season.

To put it in perspective, quite a few PL sides rely on the quality of players such as Westie and Ayew to stay up. These are sides who manage to survive, but with a heck of a struggle. Maybe we can do better..

If DS can retain the will to win in this drastically revamped side I think we could have a very good season.

To put it in perspective, quite a few PL sides rely on the quality of players such as Westie and Ayew to stay up. These are sides who manage to survive, but with a heck of a struggle. Maybe we can do better..
As long as we give it a right good go you will have no complaints from me

Brian Clough met me once! We had a difference of opinion and it turned out that I was right.