Time For Change | Page 2 | Vital Football

Time For Change

If it's true it also blows a big hole in the "ashley wants pardew to walk" theory (Which I'll admit I thought was a very likely scenario) and makes the whole situation all the more confusing, surely ashley doesn't want the team to be in a relegation battle and to have to bail pardew out again, and pardew was giving him the chance to get rid of him for minimal if any outlay. The plot thickens. Although the story could be utter nonsense. Will be interesting to see if pardew gets asked about it at his press conference this week

Journos love Pardew because he gives them lots of copy. But I thought I noted a slight change in the tone re Pardew in Mark Douglas' match report today. I think he will go soon, because Palace and Fulham will be looking for new managers very soon.

Rexn - 1/10/2013 09:39

If I were a betting man, I would put money on Pardew being out during the international break in November, clearing the way for a former Chelsea player to take his place.

If you mean Di Matteo then he's 20/1 but Poyet is favourite at present.

http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-specials/manager-specials?ev_oc_grp_ids=1256612

I was in the minority on here when pardew got the job...liverpool game was my last. I was in the minority knowing pardew was not the answer when we came 8th. I'm in the minority now not wanting pardew sacked. I'm just more surprised im still in the minority.

Ashley must go and then we can get rid of pardew and co. If we get rid of pardew and replace him then I can see us being in the same boat for 20 yrs doing the same thing. Keeping pardew and letting him fuck it up so those who cant see just what ashley is doing and react accordingly then there is a chance, a fucking hope even that we may be all united again a lot sooner

Hope is all I ever had at newcastle and its not nice not having at the minute.

thecorner - 1/10/2013 13:18

I was in the minority on here when pardew got the job...liverpool game was my last. I was in the minority knowing pardew was not the answer when we came 8th. I'm in the minority now not wanting pardew sacked. I'm just more surprised im still in the minority.

Ashley must go and then we can get rid of pardew and co. If we get rid of pardew and replace him then I can see us being in the same boat for 20 yrs doing the same thing. Keeping pardew and letting him fuck it up so those who cant see just what ashley is doing and react accordingly then there is a chance, a fucking hope even that we may be all united again a lot sooner

Hope is all I ever had at newcastle and its not nice not having at the minute.

I can see the logic TC and id love it to happen but the living through it is shite for us all.

All this could easily be solved if someone just bought the club, it doesn't matter who because the hope would come back, ambition may follow and ultimately things could fall back into place.

That's the only hope I have left for the club.

Toon_NoMatterWot - 1/10/2013 13:14

Rexn - 1/10/2013 09:39

If I were a betting man, I would put money on Pardew being out during the international break in November, clearing the way for a former Chelsea player to take his place.

If you mean Di Matteo then he's 20/1 but Poyet is favourite at present.

http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-specials/manager-specials?ev_oc_grp_ids=1256612
Hasn't McClaren just taken Derby?

thecorner - 1/10/2013 10:27

Pardew in. Sacking him is not the answer and takes the heat off ashley resulting in more of what we've had for 6 yrs now.

They don't get it.

Batten down the hatches,loads more Pardew threads on the way.

Tnmw...I fail to see the logic in wanting a second rate manager every 2-3 years, a very small budget and a club with zero ambition. If fans cant see it then I understand footballers arriving at the club but they will suss it out and the good ones will want out.

We've seen this already but the club wave a magic wand and the fans turn on the player.

No wonder ashley loves it here. Its fucking mad.

Nothing Pardew can do about the goals we conceded last night imo. All 3 of them were a catalogue of fuckups from invidividuals.

I like Pardew but acknowledge the fact he's an average manager.

No problem with people voicing their opinions against Pardew - although a lot of people find any reason at all to have a dig at him which pisses me off. But the problem with wanting him sacked is do these people actually think we'll appoint better? No manager worth their salt would touch us. Di Matteo etc linked but why would he join u? work under MA & JFK, have our best players sold & not replaced and barely strengthen in transfer windows? Why would any decent manager want to work under that?

The only managers this type of regime it would appeal to are the unemployed managers, the bigger puppets than pardew and dinosaurs. And I guarentee theyll be shitter than Pardew.

If the club sack pardew for the right reasons I'm all for it. If we're doing it to improve as a club then happy days. But we won't. We're sacking him for the sake of it. As long as the clubs ambition is to sell players as a profit, be happy as a midtable side, not compete in cups and for Europe, then the managers we attract wont be better than Pardew.

Not many mate but surely a half decent manager could get the best out of the squad of players we have. Pardew is a shockingly bad manager and even though i want the fat **** to sell up i also want Pardew sacked. Even if JFK gets the job the fans would finally do something about it, if not they can all fuck off and they deserve the shit Ashley has for them.

A half decent manager could get more out of them and if he had a bollock between his legs he would walk.

That theory is doing the rounds that he offered to walk last night and fatty refused it, or is that a nice little propaganda drop...................

Ben we conceded 3 at home to Hull the defence especially Debuchy doid not cover themselves in glory that day either, 9 days later pardew sends them out at Goodison. W"e were all; sitting waiting to see what work he had done in those 9 days to tighten things up at the back, It was clear from that first half last night that the problem had not even been on the agenda, never mind actually sorting it out, So please explain to me what the f*ck he had been doing in training all last week??

jonholmes - 1/10/2013 15:01

A half decent manager could get more out of them and if he had a bollock between his legs he would walk.

That theory is doing the rounds that he offered to walk last night and fatty refused it, or is that a nice little propaganda drop...................

The theory has been denied by NUFC apparently, so that opens the door for Pardew to get that letter written.

If its true he offered his resignation last night then he has gone up in my estimation, shows he has some principles that first half was horrendous and he has to take some responsibility for it instead of just blaming the players