Time for a change? | Vital Football

Time for a change?

charlz54

Vital Squad Member
This simply can’t go on........let’s have a change NOW
Get Hughton in whilst we have a chance!

I see Hughill scored again for QPR today and our striker has still to find the net!
Enough said!!!

This simply can’t go on........let’s have a change NOW
Get Hughton in whilst we have a chance!
You seem to be under the impression that Hughton would come here!There is no chance on gods earth that he would come!!He has already turned down Sheff WED,and Stoke,two clubs with way more support and ambition as he wants premier league!
Really some on here need to wake up and realise that we are not an attractive proposition to big name managers!!

I don't care what manager we get in, just someone who sets up a team to go at games, don't need to be a big name. Cook should of gone ages ago. And the owners really need to start showing some guts for the best of this club.

1 away win in 13 months, Christ only knows how games since an away clean sheet. It’s got to the point I can no longer be arsed following it if I don't go as the outcome is inevitable. A solitary point away this season courtesy of a piece of magic from a lad just 17.

Absolutely fucking terrible. I can’t imagine there’s a team with a worse away record in the professional structure in this country. At least we’re consistent, sadly it’s just the same shit tactics week in week out with the same end result and no doubt the same shit post match comments.

How this record is justification for Cook retaining his job is beyond me, let alone the utter mind numbing performances both home and away to boot. Sadly he won’t be sacked, they couldn’t wait to publicise a forum with him as star guest after the keeper threw one into the net on Tuesday night. A detrimental win if ever there was one.

Whats your point? We made him an offer,he did not want to come,what else could they do?

I think the point is, the players we try to sign seem to be able to score, the players we sell as not good enough go on to score, the players we give away go on to score and the players we loan out manage to score. The only ones that don't seem to score are the ones that play for us, and that is down to the Manager and his boring defensive style.

possibly true,my point was that we tried to get him,but you make a valid point

No dispute with your points exiled, just adding an additional point. The system we employ at present does not, in my opinion, suit either Hugill or Moore. We are simply not playing to Moores strengths. Just lumping the ball forward and hoping he can make something of it is not productive. We need the wingers to get round the back and send the ball into the box to allow him to run onto it not keep pumping it into the area whilst he has his back to goal. This might create goals for others if they can get to the knock downs but gives him no chance, and as far as getting on to the ball is concerned he needs the supporting players to get closer to him. Hugill would have exactly the same problem.

No dispute with your points exiled, just adding an additional point. The system we employ at present does not, in my opinion, suit either Hugill or Moore. We are simply not playing to Moores strengths. Just lumping the ball forward and hoping he can make something of it is not productive. We need the wingers to get round the back and send the ball into the box to allow him to run onto it not keep pumping it into the area whilst he has his back to goal. This might create goals for others if they can get to the knock downs but gives him no chance, and as far as getting on to the ball is concerned he needs the supporting players to get closer to him. Hugill would have exactly the same problem.

Spot on this. The style of this play is utterly abysmal, long balls upto the the big man. Yes his strength is in the air, but the bloody ball never gets crossed into him in the box because our wingers are below par. Coupled to this we don’t have a central playmaker.

These tactics are all on Cook. Same shit every away game and the same result. It’s totally unacceptable.