Tim Sherwood | Vital Football

Tim Sherwood

D

Departed

Hard as it is for me to admit, Sherwood is turning into a better and better pundit as time passes.

to borrow from Conte: "He is a small man"

A huge component of being a good pundit is to be objective and most of what he says will be straight talk but will always comes with an agenda.

yes you can have strong opinions like he does but they have to be informed and lacking ego... an impossible task for that T***T

Sherwood is a pundit on a lot of matches in Africa not only spurs matches and i find him to be honest. Today he said he didn't rate Pickford and i agree with him on that. He says a lot of nice thing's about spurs in a honest way. I can see why he wouldn't make it as a coach, but as a pundit i like him. Coys

Undermined Spurs legend Hoddle as a player. Took Ingelthorpe and Ramseys credit as a coach. Back stabbed AVB from the backroom and then publicly slated every foreign player we had on our books in his short tenure in charge.

Once a Gooner, always a Gooner - https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/video-tottenham-caretaker-manager-tim-2952177

Each to their own, but I will never care for a single opinion of the man !!!

muttley - 4/3/2018 14:30

Undermined Spurs legend Hoddle as a player. Took Ingelthorpe and Ramseys credit as a coach. Back stabbed AVB from the backroom and then publicly slated every foreign player we had on our books in his short tenure in charge.

Once a Gooner, always a Gooner - https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/video-tottenham-caretaker-manager-tim-2952177

Each to their own, but I will never care for a single opinion of the man !!!

Glen undermined himself, he was an awful manager - I love him to bits, but even he knows it.

Tim really didn't take anyone's credit - he sung their praises from the rafters and even argued that 'why have an academy if you won't trust who runs it and what they produce!'..which is why Ramsey tied his a career to Tim's: which was a mistake.

He didn't 'backstabb' AVB - but even if he had done, I'd have applauded him for it, AVB's brand of football was at times like watching a dirge and in the end, he ended himself with his appalling tactical decision making and silly team selections, so if Tim did nothing else, I'm grateful to him for doing it, even if he didn't.

I get that Tim is a legend in his own lunchtime in his own head - and the ending of Tim was being elevated beyond his competency - I did think at the beginning he'd step up, but after a while you know he was too infected and too influenced by Harryism and the Redknapp family given his long deep business association with Jamie....

As for his punditry , actually most of the time, he's pretty incisive and accurate. :14: