Tickets for Brackley | Vital Football

Tickets for Brackley

Foxinthebox67

Vital Squad Member
I see from the website that ticket prices have been released. 12 for adults, 6 for under 18s and over 65s and 1 for under 12s.

Competitive pricing but for me paying full price I think 12 to see us take on a non league side is just a shade too pricy. 10 would have been sufficient in my view. I was undecided before this but its convinced me to give it a miss. No doubt i'll miss an all time classic as a result!!!

It's a good deal in my opinion. Surprised only the Medway stand is open though surely we will get 3,000 and it will be like a pre season friendly in terms of atmosphere

A few years ago we played Leyton Orient in the tin pot trophy and only the Medway Stand was open. That day there was over 3,000 and there were massive queues for food, toilets etc in the MS and the other ends were empty !

Open up the Rainham End !

Foxinthebox67 - 23/10/2016 15:24

Competitive pricing but for me paying full price I think 12 to see us take on a non league side is just a shade too pricy. 10 would have been sufficient in my view. I was undecided before this but its convinced me to give it a miss. No doubt i'll miss an all time classic as a result!!!

Two things to note here:

1) clubs get a 45 per cent share of gate receipts for FA Cup games.

2) The pricing structure is the same as Brackley's normal home game tickets.

10 is a good deal but 12 is stopping you from going?!

I'll probably get my ticket on the day before popping into the pub. If the Rainham End's open then fair enough. Otherwise it's a bit embarrassing if we're expecting a JPT attendance for an FA Cup game.

Is this the first time we have only opened the main/medway stand for a cup tie, I certainly cannot remember it having happened before.

I think it is surprising, short sighted and stupid. Do we really plan to only have a small crowd, surely smart marketing is required instead. Personally I want to sit in the RE and support the team. Games where we have one stand are lifeless, surely it is better to have the support from the crowd to make sure we progress.

Jerryattrick - 23/10/2016 19:18

I think it is surprising, short sighted and stupid. Do we really plan to only have a small crowd, surely smart marketing is required instead. Personally I want to sit in the RE and support the team. Games where we have one stand are lifeless, surely it is better to have the support from the crowd to make sure we progress.

Plenty of factors involved in this, Jerry. Decision not taken on a whim.

Trev_GFC - 23/10/2016 19:18

10 is a good deal but 12 is stopping you from going?!.

As i said, i was undecided. At 10 i might still not have gone but at 12 I won't as i think its overpriced.

I understand from Nick's post that we are matching the standard price for Brackley tickets and as they get a share of the proceeds I'm sure it makes sense.

Others see it as a good deal but for me, personally, it's not worth the money. I'll save my cash for the away game against Walsall.

I am sure if the demand is high then more seats would be made available elsewhere.
I still love the magic of the FA cup and look forward Gills playing their part every season.
12 seems fair and I for one will be there!

It's a sad reflection of the dwindling status of the FACup that the club is expecting such a poor crowd - even with non-league opponents. Surely the club will consider opening a second stand if advance ticket sales look promising?

I'll probably get my ticket on the day before popping into the pub. If the Rainham End's open then fair enough. Otherwise it's a bit embarrassing if we're expecting a JPT attendance for an FA Cup game.

Note that prices on the day increase by 2, so you would be looking at 14 for an adult ticket. That might be inconsequential for you, but it would annoy me!

I love the FA Cup and will probably end up going anyway, but if anything were to put me off it wouldn't be the 12 price, as I reckon that is more than fair, it would be the fact that I can't sit in the Rainham End where I sit every week..
I am sure that the players will be a bit miffed at having the 'home end' shut for an FA Cup tie.
I appreciate that it saves a few quid on stewarding etc. but a really bad call i my opinion.
Strange, strange decision.

Lark - 24/10/2016 00:00

Note that prices on the day increase by 2, so you would be looking at 14 for an adult ticket. That might be inconsequential for you, but it would annoy me!

The fact it will be more expensive on the day is well known so why would it annoy you if you decided to pay on the day??

John_Knee - 24/10/2016 09:49

Lark - 24/10/2016 00:00

The fact it will be more expensive on the day is well known so why would it annoy you if you decided to pay on the day??
I think he means more about the price creeping up. What could've been 10 is now 14. I don't live or work in Medway so depend on buying on the day/buying online or the phone and paying 2 more or a fee. Hopefully most people who are able to get tickets from the club in advance can make the most of it.

Eagerxile - 23/10/2016 21:12

It's a sad reflection of the dwindling status of the FACup that the club is expecting such a poor crowd - even with non-league opponents. Surely the club will consider opening a second stand if advance ticket sales look promising?

Great point Eager. I always used to look forward to the FA Cup first round games and remember the games at home to the likes of Tamworth who`d bring a great following and make the game a special FA Cup occasion. Sad.

Seems a very strange decision to close the RE for this game. If we`re that worried about a very low crowd why not allocate a mass of comps to schools etc.

Sadly the FA Cup has been diminished by the moneymen. Back in the days when we had the European Cup for the League winners only and the European Cup Winners Cup it was taken seriously by all. Those were great times when we all were enthralled by the glamour of it as there was a real sense of prestige attached to winning it, or even doing well. Nowadays the Champions League is the be all and end all for the top Premiership teams while remaining on the gravy train is the target for the others. The FA Cup, like the League Cup, has been ditched by teams more intent on league placing because the money poured into the game has gone to the leagues rather than the cups. But, of course, for the teams outside the Football League (or EFL as it's now branded) who don't see any of the money from Sky and their ilk the pittance (in proportion) that they could get for progressing is still their best chance at getting any sort of bonus revenue which could prove vital in their survival. Worth thinking about when you're watching 89 million quids worth of "talent" on the telly.

AMF

From a purely montary point of view surely we need to make sure we get through two rounds and hope for a good third round draw.

To me that means treating it as a league game where the support of the crowd comes from the usual noisy areas in the ground. The single stand games take all of the life out of the game.

Absolutely, so if those who wish to stand all match and instigate all the singing could go down to the children;s section, I would be very happy.

Oh, and merry xmas to you all.

Just went online to buy me and my mates season ticket seats and they've been sold. What fucking clown came up with this idea?